Foot pain

1 watcher
Dec 2011
12:49pm, 20 Dec 2011
26,005 posts
  •  
Hills of Death (HOD)
I've had it for a while hard to explain where it is exactly it's on the outermost limits of foot if you follow from little toe past bunion and then if you followed your other hand from ankle where that meets. In footballing terms if you were gonna hit the ball on outside of your foot to make it swerve !!!

Any ideas what the prob is ?
Dec 2011
1:14pm, 20 Dec 2011
3,366 posts
  •  
Jhuff
What shoes are you wearing for walking and running?

My guess would be that you are allowing your body to move over this point rather than over the inner balls of the feet. You could also ne actively forcing the feet to this position.
Dec 2011
1:15pm, 20 Dec 2011
2,789 posts
  •  
RichHYule
Are your shoes too tight? That seems to be what caused my problems in that area.
Dec 2011
1:23pm, 20 Dec 2011
1,011 posts
  •  
Mrs Kimbles Claus
I had similar pain this year. I put it down to straining the tendons in my foot and my ankle. At some points struggled walking. I put it down to the Peroneus Brevis tendon as I did a lot of over compensating while running a half for an over tight calf muscle. I followed the stretching etc on here sportsinjuryclinic.net and it eased up. I did have to stop running for 4 weeks as well as basically the whole bottom half of my right leg was guffed due to tightness and pain in my foot/ankle.

Now dont take this as gosple as I didnt go to physio but the exercises have helped and I am more aware now to make sure I stretch my calf muscles properly after running. Also the pain has now gone completely.
Dec 2011
2:35pm, 20 Dec 2011
26,006 posts
  •  
Hills of Death (HOD)
All interesting stuff glad no one said Plantar Facitis or I'd have to kill them :-).

I might roller the foot to easy it, I've also got a nerve like twinge going across foot too.
Dec 2011
3:07pm, 20 Dec 2011
26,007 posts
  •  
Hills of Death (HOD)
PB is the new PF ;) I think it is that as I've had problems with my soleus and tendons on that side on both feet
Dec 2011
3:15pm, 20 Dec 2011
3,368 posts
  •  
Jhuff
Hod,

What shoes you wearing?
Dec 2011
3:18pm, 20 Dec 2011
1,012 posts
  •  
Mrs Kimbles Claus
I use a tennis ball on the sole of my foot :-) It helps. That and plenty of stretching of the soleus and calf :-)
Dec 2011
3:41pm, 20 Dec 2011
26,008 posts
  •  
Hills of Death (HOD)
My work Shoes Jhuff ;-) DMs normally I run in LunarGlides but use different shoes and ortotics.

Can you drop it round Mrs KC ;)
Dec 2011
5:03pm, 20 Dec 2011
3,369 posts
  •  
Jhuff
Hod - I that case I believe my guess is more accurate than just a guess :)

About This Thread

Maintained by Hills of Death (HOD)
I've had it for a while hard to explain where it is exactly it's on the outermost limits of foot i...