Foot pain

1 watcher
Dec 2011
5:35pm, 20 Dec 2011
649 posts
  •  
Lisa Tinsel
I had a problem with the flexor hallus longus (had to google to check that one) that goes from the calf area to under the foot to the toes. This was along with the thing with the 2 letters that we do not mention for fear of death! Quite regularly get nerve type pain as well if my calves are tight which is most of the time. As far as my physio said treatment was the same as for those 2 letters, ie, rolling, calf/achilles stretches, swearing lots, etc.
Dec 2011
6:22pm, 20 Dec 2011
950 posts
  •  
Brudolph the red-nosed Reindeer
OK, OK. Peroneus Brevis? Flexor Hallus Longus? whose got a link to a nice diagram where those of us who don't know what the heck any of these things are can look it up, please?
Dec 2011
6:27pm, 20 Dec 2011
652 posts
  •  
Lisa Tinsel
If you google & then go to images, you'll get a few pics. That's what I did after not knowing what the heck flexor whatsiwhats was.
Dec 2011
6:38pm, 20 Dec 2011
17,505 posts
  •  
idio
I've had an undiagnosed pain between the 4th and 5th metatarsal along the outside of the foot for the past 5 years. Currently on the second lot of tablets to try to help cure it. Been private physio then to NHS physio then x-ray, insert, ultra sound, 2 MRI's, nerve test and 4 cortisone the last on done under x-ray to get right between the joints. It's probably about 75% better than the original pain but can still have bad days.

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by Hills of Death (HOD)
I've had it for a while hard to explain where it is exactly it's on the outermost limits of foot i...