Foot injury/pain

2 watchers
Aug 2014
8:00am, 8 Aug 2014
First-time poster!!
  •  
missfox
Hi all, I've returned to Fetch after a long absence to selfishly ask if you guys can help with an injury I have which just doesn't seem to want to get better. I did something to my foot whilst moving a sofa a few months ago and it feels like I now have metatarsalgia which doesn't want to get better. I can run and cycle ok but the pain, more of a nagging ache tbh, is always there, hurts a little whilst driving (it's in my left foot and I have a manual). If I go see my doctor I'm guessing I'll just be described anti-inflammatories which isn't the answer. Any advice or recommendations would be most welcome. Thank you :)
Aug 2014
8:26am, 8 Aug 2014
7,134 posts
  •  
geordiegirl
I suffered from metatarsalgia following a race last year. I went to see a Physio through work and she did various treatments for it and used to tape it up for me. I'd say try a Physio obviously private is quicker but also expensive but you could ask your GP for refer. Hopefully you get sorted.

Mine still aches a little but I can run on it and do HIIT classes so it's bit enough to cause any real issues. Good luck.
Aug 2014
5:32pm, 13 Aug 2014
3 posts
  •  
missfox
Hi & thanks for that. I'm pretty sure-ish that's what it is. Will see my GP in the first instance & see if he/she refers me. Otherwise I'll go private. As you say, much quicker but can be costly but hey, a body is worth paying to maintain!

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by fetcheveryone
Hi all, I've returned to Fetch after a long absence to selfishly ask if you guys can help with an i...