Welcome To Fetcheveryone

Our awesome training log doesn't hide its best features behind a paywall. Search thousands of events, get advice, play games, measure routes, and more! Join our friendly community of runners, cyclists, and swimmers.
Click here to get started
Already a Fetchie? Sign in here

Foot injury/pain

2 watchers
Aug 2014
8:00am, 8 Aug 2014
First-time poster!!
missfox
Hi all, I've returned to Fetch after a long absence to selfishly ask if you guys can help with an injury I have which just doesn't seem to want to get better. I did something to my foot whilst moving a sofa a few months ago and it feels like I now have metatarsalgia which doesn't want to get better. I can run and cycle ok but the pain, more of a nagging ache tbh, is always there, hurts a little whilst driving (it's in my left foot and I have a manual). If I go see my doctor I'm guessing I'll just be described anti-inflammatories which isn't the answer. Any advice or recommendations would be most welcome. Thank you :)
Aug 2014
8:26am, 8 Aug 2014
7134 posts
geordiegirl
I suffered from metatarsalgia following a race last year. I went to see a Physio through work and she did various treatments for it and used to tape it up for me. I'd say try a Physio obviously private is quicker but also expensive but you could ask your GP for refer. Hopefully you get sorted.

Mine still aches a little but I can run on it and do HIIT classes so it's bit enough to cause any real issues. Good luck.
Aug 2014
5:32pm, 13 Aug 2014
3 posts
missfox
Hi & thanks for that. I'm pretty sure-ish that's what it is. Will see my GP in the first instance & see if he/she refers me. Otherwise I'll go private. As you say, much quicker but can be costly but hey, a body is worth paying to maintain!

Got something to say?

To contribute to the discussion, you need to either sign in or register as a user.

About This Thread

Maintained by fetcheveryone
Hi all, I've returned to Fetch after a long absence to selfishly ask if you guys can help with an i...