Foot Fetish

7 watchers
Mar 2013
1:40pm, 6 Mar 2013
15,373 posts
  •  
sheri3004
When I run a lot I get a pain in the top of my left foot. It's weird. I think it's just because I have funny shaped feet.

I also have what I fear may be developing into a bunion, although somebody who knows about bunions looked at it and told me it wasn't, but there is a bit that sticks out in general bunion vicinity and rubs against my shoe over long distances.
Mar 2013
1:42pm, 6 Mar 2013
2,057 posts
  •  
Bru-Bru
I have had problems with my left foot for a long time now. Starting with a strained calf in May/June 2011, I developed full PF in my left foot and treated it by taking it easy, using a foot roller etc etc. and it was OK enough to get in a full season's running last year. It was still mildly "tweaky" however when I did a race in January. Having just had yet another month off through a chest infection, I was pleased to get running again but found the tweakiness was still there. 2 questions 1) will it ever ruddy go away? and 2) why just the left, foot, eh? Why don't I ever have problems with my right foot?
Mar 2013
1:43pm, 6 Mar 2013
2,058 posts
  •  
Bru-Bru
PS I would also like two deceased toenails taken into consideration. they do grow back, but only as really thick and sometimes black nails, which then fall off again *sigh*
Mar 2013
1:44pm, 6 Mar 2013
47,478 posts
  •  
plodding hippo
legs different lengths?
Mar 2013
2:11pm, 6 Mar 2013
2,512 posts
  •  
SpeedyMel
My niggles are always on the right. Right hip right knee right ankle right foot. hmmmmmm. Foot is very sore atm is there a magic pill I can take so it goes away? Or a gel? ;-) It's a good excuse for a shit run though, "Oh my foot was hurting again.....ahem.....honest"!! :-)
Mar 2013
2:17pm, 6 Mar 2013
677 posts
  •  
FreshStart
I only have problems with my right foot, my left foot is fine. My physio informed me that the issues had been caused by my legs being different lengths. One pair of £30 orthosole inserts from Boots later and the pain has been reduced loads :-)

My foot actually hurts more if I don't run.
Jun 2014
1:14pm, 2 Jun 2014
3,041 posts
  •  
ChrisThePuma
when on longer runs (marathon and longer) I tend to get cramp in my feet when the terrain changes (downhill, or at a side angle). I can still run through it and when it flattens it tends to go away but when it happens it does hurt (and I am mentally going "ouch" "ouch" "ouch" as I run).

Any ideas what causes this, or if I can prevent it, or just htfu?

FYI it happens on road marathons (road shoes) as well as off road/trail runs (trail shoes)
Jun 2014
1:20pm, 2 Jun 2014
25,929 posts
  •  
Frobester
Ooh. Feet. My left foot is fine. My right foot's been diagnosed with tibialis tendonitis, I've had ultrasound treatment, massage therapy, and I've been recently told to do contrast baths (this, apparently en.wikipedia.org ).

Cycling and swimming in the meantime, and walking dog-walking distances. Foot still aches when I walk on it but it feels like the pain's reducing. Haven't started the contrast bath thing yet though.
I was told to definitely NOT htfu, since unless I did something about it, there'd come a time I wouldn't be able to walk on the thing, much less run on it.
Jun 2014
1:31pm, 2 Jun 2014
21,261 posts
  •  
Mrs Jigs (Luverlylegs)
Hills of Death (HOD) " Bunions are nasty" :-(

I can vouch for that, and so painful :-( I am saying goodbye to mine in July and hope I can get back to some proper training by the end of the year.
Jun 2014
1:40pm, 2 Jun 2014
25,930 posts
  •  
Frobester
For the benefit of the unitiated, how does one "say goodbye" to bunions? Hacksaw? Chisel?

About This Thread

Maintained by Hills of Death (HOD)
As a few of us (if not all of us) have problems with our feet from time to time I think it's a good...