Foot cramp at night.

3 watchers
Jun 2012
2:09pm, 18 Jun 2012
1,311 posts
  •  
Mark J
Does anyone suffer from cramps in their feet? Generally I get this when getting in to bed and occasionally through the night as well. Bloomin' painful and far more common on running days.

Any advice or cure please?

Mark J
Jun 2012
2:31pm, 18 Jun 2012
1,797 posts
  •  
Jon_T
I suffer with foot cramp, although I dont actually get the cramps, MrsT does, wakes up howling in pain and wakes me up, bloomin selfish I say, suffer more quietly and let me sleep.

Sorry, No advice or cure Im afraid
Jun 2012
4:45pm, 18 Jun 2012
1,324 posts
  •  
Mark J
Can I have a *bump* on this please as my feet are bloody killing me.
Jun 2012
4:48pm, 18 Jun 2012
272 posts
  •  
Autumnleaves
I have been an occasional sufferer - the old wives' theory is to do with salt intake - as in cramps are more likely if you haven't had enough. There were some foot stretches in this month's RW that I've done - the kind of thing you can easily do whilst slumped in front of the telly! - might also help?
Jun 2012
4:50pm, 18 Jun 2012
1,325 posts
  •  
Mark J
Yes I did wonder about salt but I have a fairly average diet, including rubbish so I would imagine I take in enough salt. Checking stretches is an option.
Jun 2012
4:54pm, 18 Jun 2012
13,221 posts
  •  
JohnnyO
Strassburg sock?
Primarily for PF, but keeps a nice stretch on the foot all night.
Jun 2012
4:01pm, 20 Jun 2012
1,221 posts
  •  
MikeR.
I get it when I have done a long run then go to the pub after. they way i get round it is salt tablets and a pint of water when i get home from the pub.
Jun 2012
4:13pm, 20 Jun 2012
2,754 posts
  •  
rf_fozzy
I get cramps in the base of my forefoot quite often. I usually pre-empt it though by initiating the cramp by squeezing my toes such that the foot cramps up, then just bearing the pain for a few minutes...

One thing you could try is elevating your feet at night - putting a pillow underneath your feet for example?
Jun 2012
5:15pm, 20 Jun 2012
160 posts
  •  
Action Jen
I used to get this a lot - waking me up and having to jump out of bed to do strange stretches on it - I found foot flat on the floor and squatting to the floor helped, as did walking around on tip toes. It lasted for months and then it just disappeared, I don't know if I started doing something or stopped doing something, but they haven't been back since. and hopefully won't either. Fingers crossed that they won't come back again as they are horrid.

I realise this is no help whatsoever, but I feel your pain!

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by Mark J
Does anyone suffer from cramps in their feet? Generally I get this when getting in to bed and occasi...