Food intolerance to yeast, sugar (all types), most dairy, mushrooms anything fermemted

2 watchers
Jul 2012
4:50pm, 9 Jul 2012
First-time poster!!
  •  
IAWIA
I have no energy to move let alone run but still hope to do my first half in Nov, been running 1 year and cover app 10-15 mile per week but have discovered intolerances to everything I would use to energise myself to run.

The symptoms are like chronic fatigue, ME, Massive digestive issues, flu like pain in muscles, headaches and exhaustion, if I attempt 2 days of moving about or being out of the house shopping etc the 3rd day I'm exhausted.

Does anyone follow the Candida diet or something similar and still run? Or does anyone have any of the same issues and continue but with strategies?

Any help, advise or support welcome...I just wanna go for a run!!

Thanks
x
Jul 2012
5:00pm, 9 Jul 2012
9,865 posts
  •  
Ultracat
Giving up sugars totally will be very difficult.

How were you tested for these food intolarances?

I would assume if it's food intolarances that cause your symptoms then you will get well enough to run.
Jul 2012
5:01pm, 9 Jul 2012
9,866 posts
  •  
Ultracat
Once you have eliminated them from your diet.
Oct 2012
6:51pm, 24 Oct 2012
2 posts
  •  
IAWIA
Really late response from me sorry.....i was tested by a dietitian come health foodie guy who explained that the NHS wont test candida infection due to cost etc. Since sticking to sugar free since June/July my "sickness" ME symptoms have gone....amazing. So I have stuck to the candida free diet and so far so good....just worry about increasing mileage I'm pretty knackered after 7-8 miles I have been using beetroot juice at half way mark and water, but ultimate goal is a marathon....just not sure about fuel?

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by IAWIA
I have no energy to move let alone run but still hope to do my first half in Nov, been running 1 yea...