Folksworth 15

7 watchers
Jan 2017
9:36pm, 9 Jan 2017
3,845 posts
  •  
minardi
BlueWombat - I think I know of a place going, do you need me to check for you?
Jan 2017
1:18pm, 11 Jan 2017
178 posts
  •  
Ricardo
Anyone interested in a place for the Folksworth 15 this year. I entered it and then realised I can't actually make it on that date. Something about it being my partner's birthday ... Anyway if you want it let me know and provide the info required here: yaxleyrunners.org.uk
Jan 2017
2:20pm, 21 Jan 2017
First-time poster!!
  •  
Jevan
Are there still places going for Folksworth 15 as I'm an interested in getting a last minute spot...i know the transfer deadline has passed but I'm happy to run in somebody else's number...
Jan 2017
1:44am, 23 Jan 2017
3,045 posts
  •  
Old Man
Hope those who ran F15 enjoyed it, weather was ideal, Minardi I said you'd be fine, you finished in front of me!!
Jan 2017
1:44am, 23 Jan 2017
3,046 posts
  •  
Old Man
Hope those who ran F15 enjoyed it, weather was ideal, Minardi I said you'd be fine, you finished in front of me!!
Jan 2017
9:22am, 23 Jan 2017
3,853 posts
  •  
minardi
Did I? There's a surprise (shame I didn't see you Old Man - I seemed to have missed most people I know who were there!)

I wouldn't say that the weather was ideal - took me the hour ride home to defrost even with the heated seat on full blast, and then an hour in the bath to get my fingers into a state where the ends could be felt!

The lumps in the race weren't as bad as I was expecting just that last one in mile 14 but I had promised myself I could walk up it that last time around :-)

I felt it was a boring course so I won't be rushing back (and this is me, used to the cabbage fields of Boston so it must have been bad ;-) )
Jan 2017
10:05am, 23 Jan 2017
229 posts
  •  
Fenland Flier
I didn't see you OM although there were obviously many WJ's there I did look out for any familiar faces. I did see Jinksy and hurricanehamlyn.

I thought the 2nd and 5th hill was bad until that last one at mile 14 then I remembered how bad that had been last year, boy did that take it out my legs.

Minardi it's no different to the cabbage fields of Boston it's just lumpy too and with more hedges.
Jan 2017
7:37pm, 23 Jan 2017
3,047 posts
  •  
Old Man
Sorry I missed you FF. I always hill 2 & 5 are the worst, they are the longest and are a drag and come soon after hill 1 & 4. Hill 6 is just mind over matter, it hurts because it's the last and your body knows that

Sorry you didn't like the course much Minardi, I meant conditions were ideal given it is January and we had blue sky, no wind and the ice had all but gone after the first lap. In the past we've run it in driving wind and rain and one year conditions were so bad it had to be cancelled
Oct 2017
12:40pm, 10 Oct 2017
1,099 posts
  •  
Gaubfar
Hey all,

Folksworth 15 entries are open for our race in January, 70 of 500 already gone this morning
Oct 2017
12:47pm, 10 Oct 2017
13,736 posts
  •  
Fenland (Fenners) Runner
Great race! If I didn't work Sunday's.....I'd be all over this. :)

About This Thread

Maintained by Gaubfar
Hi all, Just wanted to make you aware that the entries for Folksworth 15 are now open. The date is ...