Folksworth 15 - 2012

10 watchers
Jan 2012
9:15pm, 22 Jan 2012
1,383 posts
  •  
That man from March
Welcome to Fetch Dizzy Lizzy. Glad you are OK. That will teach you to beat me ;)
Jan 2012
9:35pm, 22 Jan 2012
1,630 posts
  •  
Metal Martin
Happens to all sorts of people Dizzy - I remember doing the Great North the first time, got over the finish line, then bent down to sort out the timing thingy round my ankle, stood up and then fell down. Was quite embarrassing cos I caused a queue. Thankfully I just sat down for ten minutes out the way to recover!!
Jan 2012
9:56pm, 22 Jan 2012
1,154 posts
  •  
Old Man
Dizzy Lizzy really pleased to hear you are ok, there were alot of people mighty concerned so glad to know alls well

NR - thanks for letting Marts post the link, don't do Facebook so will get daughter on the case!!

Mrs Jigs, hope you are ok, was concerned when I didn't see you on the second lap, didn't think I would miss you

All - very well done, great run by everyone, I was the marshall just before the water station at the bottom of the first hill :-) You were still looking good then!!
Jan 2012
10:27pm, 22 Jan 2012
241 posts
  •  
amys dad
second that bout the bacon rolls, fabulous !!
Ted
Jan 2012
8:13am, 23 Jan 2012
10,643 posts
  •  
Ted
Welcome to Fetch Dizzy Lizzy, so glad to hear you are OK. I saw you go down and was shocked. Good to see that the St Johns were so quick to get to you and looked after you well.
Jan 2012
7:38pm, 23 Jan 2012
5 posts
  •  
theOtherRichard
I agree with everyone else. Great organisation, excellent, friendly marshalling.
I was a bit concerned about parking so far away from the start, but a lift in a spotless Mercedes and really well-organised kit storage made it all OK. It was good to have a walk back to the car after the race to keep the legs turning over too.

All-in-all, I had a great day. I'll probably be back next year.

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by
This great race is now open for entries. I've done it for the last two years and am going back agai...