foam roller/tennis ball release?

4 watchers
Feb 2012
3:06pm, 14 Feb 2012
2,998 posts
  •  
Southwales22
who does this often? when i first bought my foam roller it was fantastic but keeping up with it sort of fell by the way side, back on it today with tennis ball & roller & wow what a difference, so how do i motivate myself for just 10 mins a day???

if your not sure what im on about an example here ultitraining.wordpress.com
Feb 2012
3:08pm, 14 Feb 2012
5,732 posts
  •  
Mrs Winkle
I'd say injury and pain-free running was a pretty good motivator. Works for me.
Feb 2012
3:10pm, 14 Feb 2012
2,999 posts
  •  
Southwales22
i know for something i know would be so beneficial to my body i dont seem to make time for it - MUST DO BETTER!!!
Oct 2012
9:37am, 12 Oct 2012
286 posts
  •  
AndrewS
Just took delivery of a foam roller yesterday.
A friend was shocked to hear that I didn't use one when I was moaning about stiff calf muscles to him. So, bought one from Amazon (£9).
Wow! It's amazing. I went from being tight and knotted to soft and springy in 10 minutes.

I shall definately be doing this on a daily basis from now on :-)
Oct 2012
9:41am, 12 Oct 2012
2,094 posts
  •  
HermanBloom
I got one a month ago. Have barely used it. Shame on me. I am finding it difficult to fit running training, core training, foam roller and life into one thing.
Oct 2012
9:43am, 12 Oct 2012
146 posts
  •  
Not so lazytoad!
I own one, sits in the corner of the room most of the time naughty me :( I must get back to using it even if its only a couple of times a week! When my body killed from Bodypump last week I should have got it out.
Oct 2012
9:50am, 12 Oct 2012
288 posts
  •  
AndrewS
I stretch a lot, but this roller seems to get to the parts that stretching doesn't.

It will probably end up in the cupboard with all of the other running related gizmos that I have purchased over the years though.
TT
Oct 2012
10:50am, 15 Oct 2012
877 posts
  •  
TT
SouthWales, I'm pondering the same thing. Only now that I'm hobbling about am I doing the exercises. The tennis ball seems to help me.

Think the trick is to slot it into the daily routine. I'm trying to say 5 min after shower when muscles are warm. Started to log the stretching now so I can see my progress. Got to be worth it.
Oct 2012
10:54am, 15 Oct 2012
5,175 posts
  •  
RichHL
I use my foam roller every day. It doesn't prevent injuries and I have no way of telling whether it speeds up recovery but it makes me feel better and that has to be worth something.
Oct 2012
10:58am, 15 Oct 2012
2,374 posts
  •  
Kimbles
I've got a foam roller but have to say its lying in the cupboard. I do use a tennis ball though for my foot when it aches. Streching properly seems to work for me but what I did find helped my over tight calves and sore foot was good old walking :-)

About This Thread

Maintained by Southwales22
who does this often? when i first bought my foam roller it was fantastic but keeping up with it sor...