Molesy
"in case I get grumpy and need sweetening up"

Surely not ;-)
Jun 2014
8:55pm, 29 Jun 2014
6,959 posts
  •  
Bazoaxe
I did 20 miles today in about 2:50. Pre run I had poridge and a pint of water.....managed 15.5 miles before I stooped at a shop for a drink and to be honest I could have managed the run without it, but felt I should take some liquid on board just in case.

In years gone by I would have 2-3 gels ,jelly babies and have taken 500ml water with me which I topped up on route.
Jun 2014
12:03am, 30 Jun 2014
64 posts
  •  
Nutkey
Last time I did a marathon I probably drank most of a cup every 5K - so say 700ml in 3 hours or thereabouts. On a 5hr fell run I drank 500ml and this was woefully insufficient (but the only likely stream I found had a rotting sheep in!).
Jun 2014
10:37am, 30 Jun 2014
29 posts
  •  
Judithvr6
as said, it can depend on so many variables but just because some people are managing to run without much, or with lots... the real question is what is the right amount for you / the conditions to run your optimal pace?

You can certainly finish a race without much fluid but you may have ran better with the right hydration.

It's all a matter of learning how your body works best by lots of trial and error.. hopefully the errors are never too bad.

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by
I know it depends on how much you weigh, sweat etc but roughly how much should you drink during a fo...