Flat tyre Thread

1 watcher
Jan 2014
5:03pm, 14 Jan 2014
19,832 posts
  •  
BigChiefRunningBore
I had my second ever flat tyre when my left front sent at 65 mph on the M6 on Christmas Eve.

My first was less exciting it died over night outside my house.

More flat tyre tales please.
Jan 2014
5:11pm, 14 Jan 2014
7,179 posts
  •  
Joopsy
I have a spare tyre but I am working on getting rid of it.
Jan 2014
5:50pm, 14 Jan 2014
8,991 posts
  •  
Liliaicha
A lady at work had a flat tyre today.
Jan 2014
5:52pm, 14 Jan 2014
7,180 posts
  •  
Joopsy
You can't just come on here saying stuff like that. We need pictures and details.
Jan 2014
6:03pm, 14 Jan 2014
420 posts
  •  
LindsD
My OH used to work in a garage so despite not being able to drive is v useful in a flat tyre situation.

(why does spell check think tyre is wrong? I surely don't have it on US??)

I had my first flat tyre dressed in a suit on the way to a university interview. Neither my Mum nor I could get the nuts undone so we feebly flagged down passing motorists (on the motorway) until two lorry driver types stopped and changed it for us without eye contact or a word exchanged. Day saved!
Jan 2014
6:06pm, 14 Jan 2014
21,688 posts
  •  
idio
When I worked for the local council once I was leaning against my tractor wheel reading a mag in the middle of a park when two dog walkers came up and started with the usual I pay your wages and your just sitting their bullshit. I stood up pointed to the tyre completely flat and asked them how I'm meant to carry on, they grumbled something about not knowing it was flat.

I don't think my reply of "Before opening your gob next time have a look why i'm sitting their"

Also phoned a tyre company once asking if they could come out and repair the puncture on our work boat, they thought I was having them on and even when I explained it was on the stabaliser leg they still thought I was having them on. When the fitter came out to us he said he thought he was being wound up by his boss when he was told to repair a puncture on a boat.
Jan 2014
6:17pm, 14 Jan 2014
4,226 posts
  •  
Duchess
Always guaranteed to be whilst in a remote location, most likely in the dark, and usually in pouring rain. Try explaining to some hapless girl in Manchester that no, not all roads have names, I don't care what your computer says, this is the Scottish highlands, the road doesn't have a number either, it goes from unpronounceable-place for about 30 miles towards second-unpronounceable-place, there aren't any junctions, and I reckon I'm about 20 miles along it. Local recovery guy found it no problem (factory fitted tyres, those bolts were not turning for human hands).
Jan 2014
12:24pm, 16 Jan 2014
19,837 posts
  •  
BigChiefRunningBore
so is this one
Jan 2014
12:34pm, 16 Jan 2014
6,211 posts
  •  
Forest Faerie
My ex tried to show me how to change a flat tyre once but I told him that my blonde hair, blue eyes and (*)(*) I would never need to know how to do it :-) ;-)

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by BigChiefRunningBore
I had my second ever flat tyre when my left front sent at 65 mph on the M6 on Christmas Eve.

My f...