Fitness Trackers

1 watcher
Apr 2018
1:50pm, 20 Apr 2018
926 posts
  •  
Heavyweight
My daughter works for Which? A click on the following would be appreciated, many thanks

which.co.uk
Apr 2018
2:09pm, 20 Apr 2018
19,212 posts
  •  
fetcheveryone
If she'd contemplate doing a "which website should you log your training on for the best analysis and the support of a great community", that'd be nice ;-)
Apr 2018
2:22pm, 20 Apr 2018
4,094 posts
  •  
minardi
ditto what fetch says!
Apr 2018
2:32pm, 20 Apr 2018
18,353 posts
  •  
Wriggling Snake
I think you'll find that VLM is a tad long, no matter what wearable tech you have.

In actual fact you may find the distance you actually run is the same, no matter what tech you wear.

Train appropriately.
Apr 2018
2:54pm, 20 Apr 2018
38,151 posts
  •  
Velociraptor
The real stinger would be if you'd logged your long runs with one of the dud trackers and thought you'd gone up to 21 miles in training but had actually only done 14 miles.
Apr 2018
3:31pm, 20 Apr 2018
927 posts
  •  
Heavyweight
@Fetch - yes I'll mention that to her!
Apr 2018
4:23pm, 20 Apr 2018
4,472 posts
  •  
larkim
It's a bit of a badly described article though (no offence heaveyweight!). If I was looking at getting a FR35 I'd be reading that as suggesting it couldn't track properly, when in fact when it is used as it should be (i.e. in GPS mode) it would never in a million years record a marathon as being only 17.8 miles long.

Obviously, anyone who uses a fitness tracker for running a marathon using steps only (unless they have validated it with stride length measurements or use a calibrated foot pod etc) to track distance would also need their heads examining. Though that doesn't mean a lot of people aren't in the queue for head examinations...

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by Heavyweight
My daughter works for Which? A click on the following would be appreciated, many thanks

https:/...