Fitbit Ionic

1 watcher
Jan 2019
4:49pm, 14 Jan 2019
2,047 posts
  •  
Elsie Too
Does anyone have a Fitbit Ionic?
I got one for christmas specifically because I wanted a watch to track steps and with GPS for running, and that could log swimming.
My second time in the pool with it and it has fried.

I have to decide if I get a replacement and give it a second chance or if I cut and run now and get a refund and go with a Garmin vivoactive 3 instead.

If anyone has any experience with the fitbit ionic, particularly around swimming with it, I would love to hear what you have to say.
Thanks
Jan 2019
4:56pm, 14 Jan 2019
6,283 posts
  •  
bigleggy
I have an Ionic - but I don't go swimming in it. Sorry, thats not helpful is it ?
Jan 2019
5:48pm, 14 Jan 2019
2,048 posts
  •  
Elsie Too
Do you do anything that gets it wet?
Jan 2019
5:50pm, 14 Jan 2019
2,049 posts
  •  
Elsie Too
And do you like the way it behaves for running? I liked it but it only worked for s couple of weeks so didn’t have a lot of time to try it out.
Jan 2019
4:49pm, 16 Jan 2019
6,285 posts
  •  
bigleggy
I try not to get it wet if I can help it - I know it's supposed to be waterproof but I don't fancy finding out it's not.

Find it OK for running but need reading glasses to see the output so don't pay too much attention to it while I'm actually running.
Jan 2019
6:14pm, 16 Jan 2019
2,054 posts
  •  
Elsie Too
I’ve decided to give it another try and see if the replacement copes with swimming. If this one fails i’ll Be getting a refund and trying garmin vivoactive.

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by Elsie Too
Does anyone have a Fitbit Ionic?
I got one for christmas specifically because I wanted a watch to t...