FishEveryone: the Fetchland swimming wire

95 watchers
Jan 2022
10:32am, 19 Jan 2022
30,416 posts
  •  
EvilPixie
I wasn't using paddles today but thats how it felt as if I was so I was obviously doing that part of the stroke a lot better
and my 1m predicted time was 2-3 mins better :-O

I had been using some freebies I had of BTF but got the ones you mentioned recently - have used them twice so far
Jan 2022
11:00am, 19 Jan 2022
837 posts
  •  
The Mussile
good work
Jan 2022
11:43am, 19 Jan 2022
8,408 posts
  •  
Northern Exile
I also use the Finis ones without straps, a big improvement on the Speedo items I used to use.
jda
Jan 2022
12:57pm, 19 Jan 2022
11,804 posts
  •  
jda
The finis ones are good but a hazard in a busy pool. Probably all paddles are to some extent but they are very hard and extend beyond the hand a fair way.
Jan 2022
1:03pm, 19 Jan 2022
30,424 posts
  •  
EvilPixie
I've seen one lady 2-3 times this year using fins and snorkel charging about
Not useful when we only have 2 sections in the pool

Either laps or casual
I'm middle lane really and over take people but get over taken too
Jan 2022
1:05pm, 19 Jan 2022
16,290 posts
  •  
rf_fozzy
"Imagining my right thumb is pulling my right ear and turning my head to the left to breath as my right hand is reaching forward to catch. And ditto on t’other side."

I'm not quite sure I've got the picture of this right in my head! I couldn't tell you the precise timing of what it is I do.

What I've noticed is that the arm that's 'static' stretched out in front of me drops (particularly breathing to the right, so left arm in front) and pushes down a little to lift my head to enable me to breathe.

I don't (and never) have generate a significant bow wave - people talk about a pocket of air, but it's not something I've been able to generate - I guess I don't travel fast enough!

Yes, done drills in the past, but I'm not a fan of them unless it's (a) specific for a fault I have and (b) I know I am doing it right (otherwise it's just practising doing something wrong).
Jan 2022
1:06pm, 19 Jan 2022
16,291 posts
  •  
rf_fozzy
"Are you rotating enough from the hips?"

Probably not?!
Jan 2022
3:10pm, 19 Jan 2022
12,260 posts
  •  
Sweetie
I don't normally post on this thread but I saw something so bizarre at the pool this afternoon.....

In my lane there was a woman doing sculling drills (all credit to her) but she was doing it in a full face snorkel with a duck hat - and I don't mean a swim hat with ducks on, I mean that when she had her face in the water it looked like there was a mallard swimming up and down the pool.

I wanted to find a picture but a google search hasn't turned up anything - has anyone else seen anything similar or did I just hallucinate that?!!
Jan 2022
4:54pm, 19 Jan 2022
8,414 posts
  •  
Northern Exile
The finis ones are good but a hazard in a busy pool. Probably all paddles are to some extent but they are very hard and extend beyond the hand a fair way.
We must be talking about something different then. Mine hardly cover my hand.
Jan 2022
5:02pm, 19 Jan 2022
30,429 posts
  •  
EvilPixie
They come in 3 sizes

About This Thread

Maintained by GregP
A bit of TI, a bit of SwimSmooth, a lot of Fetchie support, advice and bants

---

Thread Bookshop:
* The Swimming Drill Book: waterstones.com
* SwimSmooth: waterstones.com

Useful Links

FE accepts no responsibility for external links. Or anything, really.