•  
Trin
me :( too
Jul 2010
1:56pm, 12 Jul 2010
2,401 posts
  •  
JJ Flash
I've been on and off the threads all day and missed the activity on here for some reason..

Dowse just said "much like the world cup octopus, Fetch's dog is never wrong" and he thought we should cancel so we're open to new ideas for starting small....
Jul 2010
2:03pm, 12 Jul 2010
9,847 posts
  •  
EvilPixie
*sniffle*
Jul 2010
2:04pm, 12 Jul 2010
2,654 posts
  •  
Pestomum
:-(
Jul 2010
2:10pm, 12 Jul 2010
216 posts
  •  
Parkhopper
A sad day....................
Jul 2010
2:18pm, 12 Jul 2010
8,557 posts
  •  
fetcheveryone
Agreed :-/

But like Edison said, we've just discovered how *not* to make a lightbulb. There's always another idea. I think, by comparison, a £20 half marathon, followed by a free-for-all at a nearby venue, could be the way to go - certainly a lot easier financially for people to swallow - plus it's less of a risk to attend the sort of event that we all have experience of. Encourage people to stay a little longer, and we get a day to remember. Who'd be up for that?
Jul 2010
2:21pm, 12 Jul 2010
4,882 posts
  •  
Fat Dave
Duke Fetch - for me it was more about timing of the event, plus the *total* cost of participation. The overall idea was good.

By the time I've travelled to anywhere central, that's probably another £100 in petrol; plus I'd probably have to stay over somewhere anyway, wherever you do it.

I'd love to see a FE handicap race at some point, though...
Jul 2010
2:30pm, 12 Jul 2010
217 posts
  •  
Parkhopper
I'm up for it. I also like the concept of the 24 Hour Thunder Run with free camping. Although I am already committed to going with my first claim running club I am looking forward to supporting the Fetchie teams that will be there. This Friday I will be attending my first Fetch social and look forward to attending many more to come.
Jul 2010
2:31pm, 12 Jul 2010
8,558 posts
  •  
fetcheveryone
For sure King Dave - it does cost a lot to travel, and yes, the idea was a good one. I do think it's easier for people to see something like a straightforward race, because we've all done them before, and you know what you're getting. I like to think that we can reach that point where we have a whole weekend, and I think the way to take everyone with us is to build upwards. One of the things that JJ said a while back, was that if we could make Fetchstock a success at Loughborough, we could hold them in different parts of the country each year... and that's the same thinking really. We need to show people the sort of fun we can have, and then we can expand horizons... from a race, to a race with a pint, to a race with a party, to a race with an event, to an event with a race. This time next year Fat Rodney, we'll be millionaires ;-)

About This Thread

Maintained by fetcheveryone
REGISTER NOW: http://www.fetcheveryone.com/fetchstock-register.php

18th & 19th September, Loughborough.

Here's the detail so far: http://www.fetcheveryone.com/fetchstock.php

In summary:

Running (a race, proper course and all that), a bit of running-related stuff like maybe lectures, coaching sessions, physios, a nice dinner, a shedload of isotonic shandy and maybe a dance off and a bit of bare knuckle boxing, bedtime, then some gentler running-based activities the following morning, then maybe lunch.

If you're up for it, join the group below for an fmail update when we have more details.