Welcome To Fetcheveryone

Our awesome training log doesn't hide its best features behind a paywall. Search thousands of events, get advice, play games, measure routes, and more! Join our friendly community of runners, cyclists, and swimmers.
Click here to get started
Already a Fetchie? Sign in here

Fetchstock... it's a comin'

30 watchers
Jul 2010
12:05am, 21 Jul 2010
3278 posts
Dvorak
Oh, just seen this. Wasn't really up for the original idea myself but if there is something on a more 'race and chips' scale, maybe. As a though, instead of running 'just another half marathon" what about an unusual distance? I ran a 25K this year and think this would be a good distance, maybe with a 15K option as well?
Jul 2010
7:44am, 21 Jul 2010
2846 posts
Pestomum
... that would mean PB's all round :-)
Jul 2010
8:19am, 21 Jul 2010
1926 posts
icemaiden
I stopped following the thread because I couldn't make the date suggested but was up for the idea of running plus other stuff plus social, a true 'Festival of Running'. I thought the cost was fair for what was suggested, but the offering is/was similar to other things like Purple Patch weekends but *just* for Fetchies. Got to get to work now - bye
Jul 2010
2:30pm, 21 Jul 2010
647 posts
AntBliss - the great dollop
Sorry to have read this fetchival isn't on.

If you're going to use lufbra then - organise a race which finishes with a run onto the athletic track and finish on the finish line of the track. It has history, it matters.
Accomodation - get details of B&B at lufbra halls of residence for entrants - it's usually cheap and quite good enough.
Night entertainment - make sure the student union bar is going to be open

If I were going to organise a race at Lufbra then the problem is one of pavements and marshalling if you go off campus - however the campus is huge - so theoretically you could construct a 10k inside the campus like this:

runsaturday.com

basically a 5k route around it and then back - to start and finish at the finish on the track. Turning back on itself outside the library at 5k.

I agree that somewhere there does need to be an annual Fetcheveryone 10k race (or half marathon - but I think that would be self-limiting in volume of potential entrants) and why not Lufbra ? it's the heart of UK athletics.

I hope that's food for thought JJ and Ian...
Jul 2010
3:05pm, 21 Jul 2010
8059 posts
hellen
they do a 5km race for life round the uni

When it was going to be in luffbra I tried to find something that might work as a 5km without road crossings and too much marshalling. The disused railway could be used as an out and back, just a few quiet roads to cross
Jul 2010
3:07pm, 21 Jul 2010
8060 posts
hellen
however, if it was going to be luffbra then it would be a shame not to go to the outwoods of bradgate park
Jul 2010
3:44pm, 21 Jul 2010
4415 posts
Footpad
Sorry but it was the price that got me!

Got something to say?

To contribute to the discussion, you need to either sign in or register as a user.

About This Thread

Maintained by fetcheveryone
REGISTER NOW: http://www.fetcheveryone.com/fetchstock-register.php

18th & 19th September, Loughborough.

Here's the detail so far: http://www.fetcheveryone.com/fetchstock.php

In summary:

Running (a race, proper course and all that), a bit of running-related stuff like maybe lectures, coaching sessions, physios, a nice dinner, a shedload of isotonic shandy and maybe a dance off and a bit of bare knuckle boxing, bedtime, then some gentler running-based activities the following morning, then maybe lunch.

If you're up for it, join the group below for an fmail update when we have more details.

Close