FetchPoint: The Game

1 lurker | 277 watchers
Jul 2022
4:56pm, 29 Jul 2022
2,554 posts
  •  
Flatlander
Pretend you are a rockhopper penguin? ;-)
(I appreciate you are not far enough south for that) :-)
JCB
Jul 2022
9:07pm, 29 Jul 2022
3,362 posts
  •  
JCB
Pretend you are a rockhopper penguin? (I appreciate you are not far enough south for that) 🤣 that’s an idea!
Aug 2022
8:01am, 7 Aug 2022
5 posts
  •  
martcole
Confused of Norwich
I went to bed last night with (from memory) about 7523 points on Fetchpoint thinking I will wake up this morning with my 200 bonus points ((No red bugs) taking me over my previous high of 7578 woohoo.
BUT no I wake up to 7417, despite my points activity saying I have 200 points this morning.
Anyone else, or can you explain?!
Cheers
Aug 2022
8:59am, 7 Aug 2022
3,911 posts
  •  
Bob!
The points are based on a rolling 30 days, so day 31's points have dropped off.
Aug 2022
1:12pm, 7 Aug 2022
6 posts
  •  
martcole
I wasn't aware. Thank you.
Aug 2022
4:38pm, 7 Aug 2022
3,426 posts
  •  
royal jelly
Yes particularly annoying when you have a big amount of points drop off! Sometimes it feels like I’m fighting a losing battle!
Aug 2022
9:10am, 8 Aug 2022
307 posts
  •  
Bright Strider
On the other hand, it does lend a certain perspective to the game. The points are only for 30 days, so missing a bug on one day only matters for 30 days, however much it matters.
Also, if the points never dropped off, no newcomers would have a chance.
Aug 2022
6:13am, 9 Aug 2022
3,429 posts
  •  
royal jelly
But to me it seems you have to make more than you drop off constantly to get anywhere, and I just don’t have enough jewels and flowers or time to keep it up!
Aug 2022
8:58am, 9 Aug 2022
308 posts
  •  
Bright Strider
There is only so much time, it is true, jelly.

Could you recruit neighbours and friends in the area? That move might raise the number of jewels and unsquashed bugs nearby.
Aug 2022
11:13am, 9 Aug 2022
2,893 posts
  •  
CumbriAndy
But to me it seems you have to make more than you drop off constantly to get anywhere, and I just don’t have enough jewels and flowers or time to keep it up!

I also recognise this situation.

If it helps, I've come to view my Fetchpoint score a bit like my race times - I'm not going to get notably faster unless I make some substantial changes to the way I approach my training and, since that seems far too much like hard work at the expense of enjoyment, that's not something I want to do. I must, therefore, satisfy myself with maintaining my current level. Same goes for Fetchpoint - I'm where I can be within the constraints of my life choices and I'm at peace with that.

About This Thread

Maintained by Naomi P
Frequently Asked
===========
1) The scoreboard and markers don't 'reset' on the first of the month any more. They work on a rolling 30 day system.
2) You only need to worry about red bugs.

Useful Links

FE accepts no responsibility for external links. Or anything, really.