FetchPoint: The Game

277 watchers
May 2021
11:21pm, 13 May 2021
2,382 posts
  •  
CumbriAndy
Inspired by P.DuB

Nothing left to move and, yes, those green bugs are all inaccessible otherwise I'd have infected them too. Slightly disappointed by the sole amber traffic light but it only appeared today and is on the opposite side of the circle from where my bug was up on the fell
JCB
May 2021
5:19am, 14 May 2021
2,409 posts
  •  
JCB
What happens if you mark someone else’s bug as inaccessible? And is that ethical? As in CAndy’s pic? I’d think to just leave it alone.
May 2021
7:37am, 14 May 2021
201 posts
  •  
P.DuB™
CAndy, you're not wrong about the relay, it's basically at the end of my road but i'd stopped the run further up the street, it's too late now though, someone's gone and scattered jewels all over the place again!
May 2021
7:42am, 14 May 2021
2,476 posts
  •  
Snoot
That’s definitely a luxury having all those roads P.DuB!! Also wondered about marking others bugs inaccessible but decided to just leave them for now, if they don’t get cleared at least noting else goes there!

May 2021
7:50am, 14 May 2021
2,384 posts
  •  
CumbriAndy
Don't know what happens if you mark somebody else's bug as inaccessible. My thinking about leaving them is similar to Snoot's - while they're on the map they're not costing me anything, they're preventing other markers spawning in those spots and, if the owner doesn't care about the accumulating penalties then why should I worry?
May 2021
7:53am, 14 May 2021
52,622 posts
  •  
Velociraptor
I seem to recall that if you mark someone else's bug as inaccessible it disappears and isn't regenerated. Although I sometimes mark jewels etc. in the sea as inaccessible I leave the bugs to live out their life cycle.
May 2021
8:14am, 14 May 2021
5,102 posts
  •  
westmoors
My belief is the same as V'rap. Best to just leave them.

JCB, have you considered taking up swimming, or windsurfing :-)
May 2021
8:45am, 14 May 2021
28,782 posts
  •  
Sushi.
I want to go and swim at JCB’s. Rich pickings to be had.
May 2021
2:21pm, 14 May 2021
2,044 posts
  •  
Flatlander
Before going for my run this morning I checked the Fetchpoint map to see what was available. Oh goody, there's a diamond in a woods right next to my route, I'll pop in and get it.

Before uploading my run, as usual I checked the map again. The diamond had gone! Its spot was taken by an inaccessible no-entry marker! Why? Why does the person (from outside my circle) who marked it as inaccessible think they know my village better than I do?
May 2021
4:50pm, 14 May 2021
208 posts
  •  
Bright Strider
Hi Flatlander,
I am sorry, about that. It was not done with reference to you. No I don't but I know it a bit. I thought it was inaccessible. Over that way, there is land that Google thinks is passable, but isn't. The 'private land' signs give me that impression. I have reported that as inaccessible on Google Maps, and my intendion was the same here.

About This Thread

Maintained by Naomi P
Frequently Asked
===========
1) The scoreboard and markers don't 'reset' on the first of the month any more. They work on a rolling 30 day system.
2) You only need to worry about red bugs.

Useful Links

FE accepts no responsibility for external links. Or anything, really.