FetchPoint: The Game

2 lurkers | 277 watchers
Dec 2020
4:41pm, 31 Dec 2020
2,171 posts
  •  
CumbriAndy
Well done WW :)

Now to address the supplementary question that will come later/tomorrow. As I understand it (and assuming there have been no changes in the comparatively recent past), the bit of code that awards Fetchpoint badges runs in the wee small hours AFTER bug bonuses/penalties have been applied and your score from 30 days ago has been deleted. The effect of this CAN BE to reduce your score at the time of processing to below the magic number required - so it may seem that you initially miss out on the badge. Based on experience, this can be fixed by sending feedback to Fetch.

I would have mentioned this earlier but (a) you didn't (know to) ask ;) and (b) to have done so may have weakened your resolve to get out in the sunshine ;)

All the best for 2021 to you too
Dec 2020
5:09pm, 31 Dec 2020
1,822 posts
  •  
Grast_girl
Did my best to clear my circle completely today, walking 5.3 miles, but not quite there. Think I've got my highest daily score though. Is there a record of that anywhere?

Dec 2020
5:17pm, 31 Dec 2020
4,943 posts
  •  
Windsor Wool
😂😂😂 that has really made me smile Andy!!

The irony of that would be fitting of a line in an Alanis Morisette song, or 2020 in general I suppose. Given it’s 2021 in the morning, I’ll cross my fingers!
Dec 2020
5:19pm, 31 Dec 2020
4,944 posts
  •  
Windsor Wool
Of course I went back and checked my score from 30 days ago and found it to be only 189. Given my circle is big free this evening, I hope that the 200 points will more than offset. Let’s hope that’s how it works else I might have to give that massive party I was going to tonight a miss so that I can comfortably get out for a run in the morning 😀!
Dec 2020
5:19pm, 31 Dec 2020
4,945 posts
  •  
Windsor Wool
*bug free
Dec 2020
5:32pm, 31 Dec 2020
11,632 posts
  •  
Little Nemo
Well done,WW! medal

Grast_girl - I don't think there is a record of your best ever daily score. There is a record of your highest cumulative score but that's the only one that's kept AFAIK.
Jan 2021
8:01pm, 3 Jan 2021
4,955 posts
  •  
Windsor Wool
Well it’s time to try again this evening. Somehow missed out on the badge last week, I’d obviously done the wrong maths. Then I got the ump and so it’s taken me the best part of a week to get back!

On 10,424 this evening. Let’s see what happens in the morning as I don’t know what maths to do to predict the outcome!!
Jan 2021
9:16pm, 3 Jan 2021
8,226 posts
  •  
becca7
I routed my long run today to clear up a couple of bugs but a GPS glitch missed most of my first mile. No real problem as I would not have otherwise got a clean sheet and hopefully I can pick them up tomorrow.
Jan 2021
9:21am, 4 Jan 2021
11,650 posts
  •  
Little Nemo
Did you get your badge this time, WW?
Jan 2021
9:29am, 4 Jan 2021
182 posts
  •  
Bright Strider
If a GPS glitch is bad enough, becca7, you could overwrite the record with a manual entry (delete the old one; create a corresponding route; create a training entry on that route).

About This Thread

Maintained by Naomi P
Frequently Asked
===========
1) The scoreboard and markers don't 'reset' on the first of the month any more. They work on a rolling 30 day system.
2) You only need to worry about red bugs.

Useful Links

FE accepts no responsibility for external links. Or anything, really.