Fetchpoint London Oct 2022

11 watchers
Sep 2022
11:27pm, 25 Sep 2022
26,560 posts
  •  
Rosehip
If there are trains and Husband in working and I have recovered some energy I’ll pop down, but not hopeful of all three hapenning!
Sep 2022
9:30am, 26 Sep 2022
14,257 posts
  •  
mulbs
Hadn't considered the trains might be problematic. So, providing there are trains, I'll head in to shout things wearing Fetch colours, mile 22ish is where Fetchpoint usually is, isn't it? (I saw it on the other side of the road on my outward jaunt over Tower Bridge, but it had gone by the time I got to mile 22 - combination of a later start time because I'm a slow runner, and the fact that I'm a slow runner)
Sep 2022
12:59pm, 26 Sep 2022
26,562 posts
  •  
Rosehip
///hush.swift.admire

On what three words is about where we were last time, Mulbs
Sep 2022
2:19pm, 26 Sep 2022
14,258 posts
  •  
mulbs
Thanks Rosehip, that's really useful and what gorgeous 3 words they are!
Sep 2022
9:17am, 27 Sep 2022
10,198 posts
  •  
Fragile Do Not Bend
I’ll be volunteering at the mile 3 water station, but I don’t know yet if I’ll be on the bit supplying the red or blue course. It’s going to be a stupidly early start (for me) so I think I’ll be too tired to go any support further around the course afterwards!
Sep 2022
10:12am, 27 Sep 2022
14,260 posts
  •  
mulbs
FDNB I salute you
Sep 2022
10:36am, 27 Sep 2022
10,200 posts
  •  
Fragile Do Not Bend
Thanks mulbs 😊 but it’s not a great hardship as I really enjoyed myself doing it last year. It’s great seeing the runners early on when most people are relatively fresh and happy.

I also loved shouting out the names of people who had it printed on their fronts - it was probably the first time in the race many of them had a shout out and their expressions go from confused to realisation as they work out how some random knows their name 😅
Sep 2022
11:39am, 27 Sep 2022
14,261 posts
  •  
mulbs
I had the disadvantage of running slightly behind a lady in a fabulous Spongebob kit, she got all the whoops! :-D

One of my highlights was the participant who legged it into a corner shop to buy jaffa cakes and then shared them en route (you may have gathered I was at the back of the pack rather than at the sharp end of proceedings)
Sep 2022
9:15am, 28 Sep 2022
7,605 posts
  •  
Schnecke
I'm hoping to be at (unofficial) Fetchpoint, hopefully with a couple more people from my club to cheer on our runners, but also any Fetchies we see, obvs.
Sep 2022
12:39pm, 29 Sep 2022
2,255 posts
  •  
SailorSteve
Thank to all fetch supporters this weekend. Runners get what comes, but I hope the weather is kind to you folk with a choice. You probably won’t see me cos I’ll be in Gosport yellow/white but I always get a lift from fetchpoint and chatting to fetchies along the way. Red #42013 for me.

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by mulbs
Any Fetchies who fancy shouting things, what-three-words ///hush.swift.admire might be a good place to meet and do that. In the absence of any life curveballs being thrown, I'll be doing just that.