FETCHPOINT HELP NEEDED

10 watchers
Mar 2016
4:28pm, 10 Mar 2016
4,308 posts
  •  
PaulaMc
There appears to be the very real prospect that Fetchpoint at London might not happen, or that it will be a much diluted version of what we have come to know and love. This is unthinkable.

We need Fetchpoint supporters!! Fetchies, those supporting Fetchies, families and friends of Fetchies, anyone you know who doesn't have anything better to do on Marathon day (and what could be better than screaming yourself hoarse at random people dressed in red and yellow as they run around London?). Everyone and anyone you can get to come along.

Ask any Fetchie who has run London and they will tell you that there is nothing (NOTHING) like hearing that roar from Fetchpoint when you go past at 13+ miles, and then the actual proper 'What can I get you?' support when you come back the other way. It is just unrivalled, and it is everything that Fetcheveryone is about.

If I wasn't running this year I'd be there on the other side of the fence, as I have been for the past few years. However a big part of the reason why I am running it is so that I get to hear that roar, and see those red and yellow balloons. I need it. Running London won't be the same without it.

Please please PLEASE can you contact Rosehip and sign up? You don't have to be there all day – in facts shifts of people often works well. But if you CAN be there all day then that's even more awesome. You get to stake out the bit of road that we need, and climb trees and lampposts to put up balloons, and then you have a ringside seat for when the elite athletes come past.

Please. I'm begging you. And I don't beg.

Thank you.
Mar 2016
4:46pm, 10 Mar 2016
20,659 posts
  •  
HellsBells
I really wish i could come, but it's the twins' 16th birthday that day - I'd never be forgiven
Mar 2016
4:55pm, 10 Mar 2016
4,309 posts
  •  
PaulaMc
That, HB, is fair enough. You are excused :-)
Mar 2016
5:14pm, 10 Mar 2016
2,433 posts
  •  
JustDistracted (JD)
Sorry, I'm running another marathon in Dusseldorf. Obviously it's shorter and not The Marathon.

Good luck, I hovered at Fetchpoint for a while a couple of years back and it's fab. I wish I could have one at mine ;)
Mar 2016
5:17pm, 10 Mar 2016
654 posts
  •  
NellyMarcos
I will be there, but running! My first ever Marathon. I won't be wearing a fetch shirt I will be wearing an Altzheimers Society vest with Helen on the front, if there is anyone there I will give you a wave! x
Mar 2016
6:13pm, 10 Mar 2016
5,095 posts
  •  
kwala
Please, please, please sign up to help at Fetchpoint if you possibly can. I wasn't able to commit this year for personal reasons (although I will get there if I possibly can) and Rosehip has most generously stepped up to takeover.

FP doesn't happen by itself, so please get in touch with her or check out the main thread - this is under the VLM tab (which I know a lot of people hide, so check your settings so you can see any updates)

This goes for runners as well - as PaulaMc says, the support you get is amazing, and you can send any family supporters along to join FP, they will be made most welcome and you are much less likely to miss them amongst the red and yellow throng :-)
Mar 2016
7:28pm, 10 Mar 2016
17,089 posts
  •  
fetcheveryone
I will fmail all the runners tomorrow, and ask them to persuade their supporters to join us.
Mar 2016
8:26pm, 10 Mar 2016
2,802 posts
  •  
Red Ant
I'm so sorry I'm attending a conference that weekend otherwise I would be there with bells on :(
Mar 2016
8:33pm, 10 Mar 2016
878 posts
  •  
Churchy_7
I'm sorry but I'm running it so can't be at fetch point to support
Mar 2016
9:49pm, 10 Mar 2016
10,640 posts
  •  
Girlie
I will be there as a supporter and will try to be there as close to 9am ish as I can- Peterborough trains permitting.

Fetchpoint is such an institution and so much fun on both sides of the barrier:-)

About This Thread

Maintained by PaulaMc
There appears to be the very real prospect that Fetchpoint at London might not happen, or that it wi...