Mar 2019
8:55am, 20 Mar 2019
30,796 posts
  •  
HappyG(rrr)
Hi Fetchies
Come here and tell me about your Fetchname:

- how did you come up with it?

- how do you pronounce it? (prompted by pedroscalls - is it Pedro-Scalls or Pedros-Calls? And what does it mean?!)

- and if it's just "JamesSmith", then why didn't you think it was necessary to come up with a hilarious and anonymous moniker?!

I'll start:
It was Grrr (a name I used back in online gaming days in the 90s when 4 letters was possible because there weren't 1 billion people playing online). My name is Gavin Orr, so G. Orr, GORR, becomes GRRR (and as most of the games were driving, flying, shooting, it was appropriately aggressive!) When I came on Fetch I was Grrr, but in forums, people starting with "Grrr, how are you this evening..." looked like everyone was fighting and angry. So it was suggested I change it. By santababy, no less, who was Queen of Fetch 10 years ago! As I am mostly Happy, and as a deliberate contrast to Grrr, I changed to HappyG (but wanted to keep the "formerly known as Grrr" so parenthesised the (rrr). :-) )

So there you have it. Long winded, but that's the sort of explanation I'm talking about.

If you want, you can also explain your avatar but as I view the forum with avatars turned off, it won't mean much to me. I didn't get all the Hendo lion jokes for ages!

I'll throw in a few who I'd like to know:
Garfield (the cartoon cat?!)
Valyrian Plastic (no idea!)
Lip Gloss (is it just make up?!)
Eynsham Red (is it something to do with football? If so, less interested! ;-) )

Go!

:-) G
Mar 2019
9:02am, 20 Mar 2019
18,501 posts
  •  
DeeGee
My first and middle initial, spelled phonetically.

Because I have no sense of humour.
Mar 2019
9:02am, 20 Mar 2019
30,013 posts
  •  
Derby Tup
Derby Tup is a Derbyshire folk dance but also the name of a very good real ale pub in Chesterfield

I was born in Derby and went to the pub a few times in the 90’s. I’ve not seen, never mind actually done the dance
Mar 2019
9:04am, 20 Mar 2019
26,826 posts
  •  
macca 53
I was always called. Macca at school as was my son - I tried using macca’sdad first but Fetch doesn’t allow apostrophes, so I’m macca of the 1953 vintage.
Mar 2019
9:09am, 20 Mar 2019
3,460 posts
  •  
Sigh
Well, my friends call me "Si" as a standard abbreviation of Simon, but I can't have that as someone has already had that - they've callously taken my nickname and then not bothered with the site :-O

fetcheveryone.com/userprofile.php?id=80454

Plus - "Si" can be misinterpreted as Italian for "Yes" so that doesn't work; I briefly experimented with other odd spellings (Siye, Sy, Sai) but settled on "Sigh" as that's my default expression of exasperation, esp. at work :-)

My backup name is now reserved as "Soft Target" after my recent trend of grossly underestimating my race potential on a regular basis :-)
Mar 2019
9:11am, 20 Mar 2019
30,797 posts
  •  
HappyG(rrr)
Cool, loving these (even the more mundane ones - DeeGee, I'm looking at you B-) ! ;-) ) :-) G
Mar 2019
9:12am, 20 Mar 2019
30,798 posts
  •  
HappyG(rrr)
Oh, and DT, isn't a Tup a ram that does the sheep, ahem, servicing for the making of the lambies?! You can't claim it's named after a dance or a pub if your name actually means Stallion!! :-) G
Mar 2019
9:12am, 20 Mar 2019
3,461 posts
  •  
Sigh
Just found this for DT:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9TLUB0-yx0c
Mar 2019
9:13am, 20 Mar 2019
3,462 posts
  •  
Sigh
(not actually watched it as on a Skype call at work, and concerned that tech will conspire to share it inappropriately!)
Mar 2019
9:14am, 20 Mar 2019
10,545 posts
  •  
Badger
Historical colour scheme of my hair. Pretty much all grey now.

About This Thread

Maintained by HappyG(rrr)
Hi Fetchies

Come here and tell me about your Fetchname:
- how did you come up with it?
- how do you pronounce it? (prompted by pedroscalls - is it Pedro-Scalls or Pedros-Calls?

There're are a few that um and I've summarised from answers in the thread in a lovely Wiki article here:

Here is the list to read AND ADD YOUR NAME !!

fetcheveryone.com/article-view.php?id=550

Feel free to add your own name here and also in the article, in the style above.

Remember, everyone can edit a Wiki, just follow the link!

Cheers! :-) G