Fetchmob for Spring Marathon Training Run?

24 watchers
Oct 2011
5:00pm, 24 Oct 2011
18,807 posts
  •  
Nellers
There are a lot of us doing spring marathons next year and who will therefore be slogging our way round a 20 mile run at least once in March, right?

And that 20 miler is going to take a few hours and will be a solo run for a lot of us, right?

So how about this for a plan:

We arrange for a meeting point on an appropriate Sunday somewhere that has a 10 mile lap that is easy to navigate and split into 2 or 3 groups of similar paced runners, then we keep each other company doing a 2 lap run so we can grab fresh bottles at the cars at half way.

Then when we fniish we go to the conveniently sited pub/cafe nearby and stuff our faces, chat and generally encourage each other for the forthcoming marathons.

How does that grab anyone as a plan? Would you be up for it?

Can anyone suggest somewhere appropriate that is "somewhere near London" (on the basis that there are a lot of Fetchies that would broadly fall within the "somewhere near London" area, including me).
Oct 2011
5:02pm, 24 Oct 2011
53,756 posts
  •  
GregP
I think we've already organised it mate. It's called the Oakley 20. Happy to car share, since I've already told people I'll bully you into doing it ;)
Oct 2011
5:03pm, 24 Oct 2011
18,808 posts
  •  
Nellers
See there's the problem, Grepster. Oakley 20 is only 2 weeks before Brighton so too close to be a viable option for me. i won't be doing it.
Oct 2011
5:04pm, 24 Oct 2011
4,294 posts
  •  
Bintmcskint
Can I attend this even if I'm not doing a Spring marathon. Sounds like fun :-)
Oct 2011
5:06pm, 24 Oct 2011
97 posts
  •  
mblnFERCr
Oakley is on April 1st - you must be joking.... boom, tish :)
Oct 2011
5:07pm, 24 Oct 2011
18,809 posts
  •  
Nellers
All are welcome, Bintmcskint, assuming we can get venue and numbers arranged (and that's why I set this thread up now rather than waiting until nearer the time).

Exactly, mblnFERCr. 2 weeks is too close, as I know if I run it I'll try to race it.
Oct 2011
5:07pm, 24 Oct 2011
1,938 posts
  •  
Battlecat
I'd be up for that. We've sort of discussed it at running club but not decided anything yet.

Not sure about location. The routes I know are around Dagenham & Romford so not the most inspiring, although if we did it from Dag88s club house there's lots of parking and a bar where we could meet for drinks & food afterwards. I'd probably be able to have a word with the manager so we could use the showers if you wanted.
Oct 2011
5:08pm, 24 Oct 2011
3,058 posts
  •  
Iron_Mum
There's always the Bramley 20, 12 Feb?
Oct 2011
5:09pm, 24 Oct 2011
53,757 posts
  •  
GregP
Didn't realise Oakley was that late this year.

Could be a plan, CatBat. Or we could just run up and down the Flitch Way. Not as daft as it might sound, because the logistics would be straightforward.
Oct 2011
5:10pm, 24 Oct 2011
53,758 posts
  •  
GregP
When's the Essex 20 next year?

Alison - that's Bentley Half weekend, I suspect?

About This Thread

Maintained by Nellers
There are a lot of us doing spring marathons next year and who will therefore be slogging our way ro...

If you're keen join the group and we'll work out the details/logistics etc

http://www.fetcheveryone.com/groups-view.php?id=997