Fetchie on the edge needs help, guidance and a shoulder to cry on!

1 watcher
Apr 2011
4:21pm, 8 Apr 2011
2 posts
  •  
Cheeky Conswala
Thanks everyone for the advice and a sports massage was booked in pre marathon anyway so that should help by the sounds of it.

As far as the weight is concerned I think I eat better now than when i lost the weight! Porridge for breakfast, fruit and a typical lunch and regular evening meal. I drink less alcohol and eat less rubbish (most of the time, but we're all allowed the odd bad day, right?)
Apr 2011
5:29pm, 17 Apr 2011
32 posts
  •  
Avon
Cheeky, chin up mate. I know you're not having the best of times but things will improve. If you can get your injuries sorted we'll got a good routine going each week.
Apr 2011
6:23pm, 17 Apr 2011
730 posts
  •  
Theboybarry
Looking at your training, it also seem to be a little 'one pace' which might be why your legs are moaning a little. A lot of 4 -5 miles done in succession at the same pace. Maybe you need to look at how you approach your weekly mileage. The long run, leave it as it is but maybe you need to look at what your longer term goal is - faster or longer. Have a look a tailoring a program accordingly. Quicker sessions, easy runs and a few varied sessions. Keep at it though and things will get better.
Apr 2011
2:52pm, 30 Apr 2011
41 posts
  •  
Avon
Good luck in your first marathon on Sunday Cheeky.
Apr 2011
4:56pm, 30 Apr 2011
175 posts
  •  
RichHL
Good luck, Cheeky! :-)
Apr 2011
5:00pm, 30 Apr 2011
2,907 posts
  •  
becca7
Good luck Cheeky. :) luck
Apr 2011
5:22pm, 30 Apr 2011
8,856 posts
  •  
DeeGee
Thinking about the weight, you've told us what you eat (and therefore how it's better). However, how much you eat is as relevant if not more so. This is an extreme example, but it just illustrates the point. Let's say you have switched from junk food, and you used to eat a Quarter Pounder with chips every lunch. You swapped that and now you have two grilled sausages and a large baked potato with coleslaw and cheese. It's highly possible that, although this seems like a reasonable healthy swap, it's actually as bad calorifically than the original quarter pounder and chips. The equation is simple. Weight loss will occur when calories in are less than calories out. You might need to look at your portion sizes if you want to lose weight.
May 2011
7:31pm, 1 May 2011
42 posts
  •  
Avon
Well done Cheeky on completing your first marathon today!
May 2011
5:47pm, 2 May 2011
200 posts
  •  
RichHL
How did you get on, Cheeky?
May 2011
9:02pm, 3 May 2011
3 posts
  •  
Cheeky Conswala
Cheers everyone, did 5.18.20 on a bloody hill course. Happy with that and got round unscathed.

No for some serious weight loss!!!

About This Thread

Maintained by
I've been running for 4 or 5 years upto Half Marathon distance, but only once managed under 2hrs. U...