Fetchie Flab Fighters

2 lurkers | 79 watchers
Nov 2020
12:34pm, 15 Nov 2020
12,328 posts
  •  
geordiegirl
Well done Tubs it really is making little changes trying to take on too many at once is overwhelming and I find it is easier to fail when it’s too much.

Winter is definitely harder and not having the incentive of a party frock to fit into

My feeling low earlier in the week turned out to be covid!! I am shocked and stunned I am the most obsessed person when I’m out of the house and when I come in. It really knocked me over to think I’ve managed to come into contact with it. Thankfully mild symptoms and hoping to pick up and be fully well again soon.
Nov 2020
9:28am, 17 Nov 2020
12,359 posts
  •  
geordiegirl
I mentioned a couple of months (maybe more) ago that my cousin had reached out to me to help her lose weight, well we no sooner got started then she had the call to have her shoulder operation (that was cancelled in May) so she couldn't come to get weighed anymore. She was in pain and couldn't be bothered as we all understand and she put on more weight. Of course we were the in tiers preventing us going to other peoples houses I tried to help by technology but she wasn't in the right place.

Just under 2 weeks ago she said please please please help me I am putting on more weight and I am so unhappy. By this point I wasn't feeling great but I sent her over a list of meal ideas based on what she said they liked.

She lost 3lb in week one. She's on week 2 now, I helped her find something to make with chicken for tomorrow night, something new for the family I am so proud of her for trying they are typical of many stuck in a rut they eat the same things week in week out, yet her 2 boys will try anything. I am trying to encourage her to do some exercise (they just don't do anything very alien to me) I said even taking kids to the park and running about with them play football, chase them just move more. When we can I will get her out with me.
Nov 2020
12:39pm, 17 Nov 2020
814 posts
  •  
Non-runner
That’s a lovely story GG, you have clearly inspired her.
Nov 2020
12:41pm, 17 Nov 2020
815 posts
  •  
Non-runner
Posted too soon... you hit the nail on the head by basing meals on things she likes to eat, it is very hard to diet on foods you dislike however “healthy” they are, it has to be a sustainable lifestyle change.
Nov 2020
1:18pm, 17 Nov 2020
12,371 posts
  •  
geordiegirl
I believe so don’t eat things you don’t like pick your favourite recipe and adapt it,

They are terrible for a takeaway so I’ve given her ideas to make a fakeaway instead but have a takeaway or a meal out (currently also a takeaway) once a week last week that was Sunday lunch from a local restaurant

She loves a garlic bread with pasta so she’s now making one using a wrap with a bit garlic
And low fat cheese she said she likes it it’s like a pizza garlic bread and fraction of calories. She made her own air fryer chips and breaded fish in the oven yesterday.

I also said to cut out one snack a day have crisps or a biscuit, swap 3 cans of pop for water have the pop as an end of the day treat. It’s small manageable changes that is all. I jus hope I can help get her there.

Hoping some new recipes help inspire them too.
Dec 2020
9:37pm, 5 Dec 2020
46,605 posts
  •  
Sparkly Lip Gloss

Diet might not be working for me but it is for my tree ;-) . Limited space means I have to downsize
Dec 2020
11:19pm, 5 Dec 2020
12,617 posts
  •  
geordie claus
That is funny LG maybe that’s the answer 😂
Dec 2020
6:40am, 6 Dec 2020
2,986 posts
  •  
Tinseltubs
Lovely tree in both sizes :-)
Dec 2020
7:42pm, 27 Dec 2020
5,344 posts
  •  
Cuddy
I've eaten my weight in salmon, sweet potaoes, stuffing, chocolate and panettone. It being a pretty frustrating year, at least I've not finished it heavier than I started it.

Tomorrow I'm starting a Blogilates 28 day challenge with a friend and I expect to be rolling around on the floor like a beached whale :-P
Dec 2020
8:05pm, 27 Dec 2020
10,801 posts
  •  
Mandymoo
Cuddy good luck with the challenge

Am ready to shift some weight again and move about more

About This Thread

Maintained by Mandymoo
Here we go another year, another start to the weight loss thread.

Let's give it our all this year and conquer our eating demons.

It's all about small changes, which lead to big changes.

LETS DO IT 🙌

Heres the link for the spreadsheet
docs.google.com

Useful Links

FE accepts no responsibility for external links. Or anything, really.