Fetcheveryone Running Club (FERC)

173 watchers
Sep 2007
4:50pm, 5 Sep 2007
278 posts
  •  
fetcheveryone
Hello<br><br>well, it's official. After quite a lot of discussion, hoo-hah, and rigmarole, it's confirmed that FE will set up a running club, affilliated to England Athletics.<br><br>The cost for each member will be £3.50 per year, which covers the cost of your registration with EA, and 50p for stamps. The registration fee will rise in line with the fee imposed by EA (I think it's £5 as of next year) - and this will not be a profit-making venture. There's also a registration fee of £50, but this will be sorted out by Uncle Natmags and Aunty Rodale. Gotta love 'em.<br><br>One of the major concerns put forward by you guys is that it would damage your local running club. So the FERC constitution will include an objective to strongly encourage its members to find and join their local clubs instead. I'm going to need a hand to pen the constitution, so I thought you might put some ideas forward here. I'm not one for stuffy crap, so feel free to be inventive, although "free nudey mags for all" might just not make the final cut.<br><br>Another concern was that there would be "elite features" on this site, available only to club members. This is my written promise that the only additional features or concessions made available to FERC members are those that are made available to anyone who's a member of any club.<br><br>There were other issues, which you can read on this thread if you're interested:<br><br>http://www.fetcheveryone.com/viewtopic.php?id=7892<br><br>So... time for what marketing people refer to as a "call to action". If you'd like to be a member of FERC, either as a first claim, or as a second claim (and I'd prefer this - go join a real club, or risk the wrath of the constitution!), then add yourself to the following group, and I'll let you know the details as and when:<br><br>http://www.fetcheveryone.com/groups-view.php?id=37<br><br>Bye now,<br>Fetch
Sep 2007
4:52pm, 5 Sep 2007
15,137 posts
  •  
mad4purple
It'll be a first claim for me, I live in the middle of no-where, runs off to join group
Sep 2007
4:53pm, 5 Sep 2007
9,556 posts
  •  
Hendo
Registration fee of £50? Really?
Sep 2007
4:53pm, 5 Sep 2007
2,791 posts
  •  
topcorner
Joined my local club on Sunday, so Fetch'll definitely be my second claim.
Sep 2007
4:55pm, 5 Sep 2007
6,178 posts
  •  
flanker
can i have it as 3rd claim :-) or maybe 2nd equal with the TRA
Sep 2007
4:57pm, 5 Sep 2007
15,139 posts
  •  
mad4purple
Is the registration fee a fee you have to pay to register the club or one we have to pay to join? And when you say aunty and uncle, does that mean they pay your registration. Gosh easily confused. Maybe I should just sit ina corner and shut up
Sep 2007
4:59pm, 5 Sep 2007
971 posts
  •  
Fat Dave
Yippee!!! (Presumably first claim members get first dibs on shirts?)
Sep 2007
5:00pm, 5 Sep 2007
344 posts
  •  
Yazoo
I read it as we pay 3.50, Uncle and Aunty pay the 50 quid, is that right?

Mr Fetch - a quick question as I'm ignorant, is being affiliated to England Athletics the same as being affiliated to UK Athletics?

I'll certainly be up for this... not many running clubs near me..
Sep 2007
3,374 posts
  •  
FannyFernackerpan
cool :)
Sep 2007
1,281 posts
  •  
Llamadance
I think the registration fee is for the club, not the members

About This Thread

Maintained by Rosehip
Virtual club night is every Tuesday from 8pm to 9pm. Drop in to chat about how your running is going etc
Goals luck to all

Ness, 60% WAVA
StuH Centurion Running 50 mile grand slam - dates to follow
AndyS - - Run an entire parkrun without needing to walk.- Sub 35 parkrun
Events

April
7th Ness and EP, Centurion GP- 5 miler star
7th Surrey Phil - Brighton Mara star
13th StuH South Downs Way 50 star
28th Ness, Boston Half Marathon

May
18th StuH, NDW 50
26th Fetcheveryone, Rosehip Greensand County Utra (50k)

June
9th Ness, Two Castles 10k

For later StuH

Chiltern Wonderland-Sept 21,
Wendover Woods 50-Nov 9

Feb
4th EvilPixie Centurion Grand Prix Series - 5 miler ✅
March
Ness - if her calf is fixed ✅and EvilPixie SB star3rd Centurion GP Series (5M)
9th StuH CTS Sussex Ultra
24th Ness starand Pix star Centurion GP (5M)

Useful Links

FE accepts no responsibility for external links. Or anything, really.