BETTER WITHOUT ADS? Become a voluntary supporter

Welcome To Fetcheveryone

Our awesome training log doesn't hide its best features behind a paywall. Search thousands of events, get advice, play games, measure routes, and more! Join our friendly community of runners, cyclists, and swimmers.
Click here to get started
Already a Fetchie? Sign in here

Fetcheveryone Running Club (FERC)

166 watchers
21 Sep
8:40pm, 21 Sep 2021
416 posts
  •  
Minimag
Hi all,
Isnt it getting dark early! Fortunately, I am semi-retired/working from home for the few hours I do, so can do my runs during the day.
Off to Oxford on Friday for my sons graduation, so will fit in the Oxford parkrun on Saturday, and then back in Oxford for the Oxford half a couple of weeks later
21 Sep
8:40pm, 21 Sep 2021
16856 posts
  •  
Ness
Ah. Uneven ground. Best to run in daylight if possible then.

Shame, CD. I really enjoyed running Chester. Am hoping to run it next year.
21 Sep
8:44pm, 21 Sep 2021
4754 posts
  •  
Pothunter
Definitely noticed the nights drawing in early. Mornings are getting dark too :-(
21 Sep
9:13pm, 21 Sep 2021
16169 posts
  •  
MarkyMarkMark (3M)
Good evening all.

Suffering a bit today with a cold which feels like it is trying to escape through the sinuses behind my eyes! Hopefully tonight will sort it whilst (if!) I sleep.

Otherwise life is good, and we're off in the caravan tomorrow for 10 days!
21 Sep
9:31pm, 21 Sep 2021
1267 posts
  •  
Cheeky’s Dad
I know Ness, it is a pity but, at the moment at least, I’m thinking discretion may be the better part of valour. Everyone says Chester is a great race so I was looking forward to it but there’s always next year
21 Sep
9:38pm, 21 Sep 2021
758 posts
  •  
Rrunner
Evening all. Sorry watching bake off tonight.

Week and a half to go to London and I'm deep into the taper now. Feeling good and can't wait to get onto the start line. Nerves haven't kicked in yet. Guess that will come when I finally get my start time... No rush VLM no rush....
21 Sep
9:48pm, 21 Sep 2021
49752 posts
  •  
LindsD
Hello

Still in the doldrums here
22 Sep
9:22am, 22 Sep 2021
16857 posts
  •  
Ness
There is always next year, CD. The year I did it, 2019, the route had had to be changed because of heavy rain. It didn’t start and finish on the racecourse as it normally does. I think running on the grass at the end would have been tough. I’m going to give it a go next year though. 🤞
22 Sep
9:42pm, 22 Sep 2021
1272 posts
  •  
Cheeky’s Dad
👍🤞

Got something to say?

To contribute to the discussion, you need to either sign in or register as a user.

About This Thread

Maintained by fetcheveryone
Virtual club night is every Tuesday from 8pm to 9pm. Log in to chat about how your running is going.

Goals for 2020
fetcheveryone: Newport Marathon
Rosehip: Lakeland 50
DocM: London Marathon (smiling)
GimmeMedals: injury free to 10k
XB: injury free
Badger: sub-12 a&e free NDW50
Sweetie: Outlaw tri
HellsBells: sub-5:30 at Boston

Useful Links

FE accepts no responsibility for external links. Or anything, really.