FetchBnB

29 watchers
Jul 2017
11:46am, 29 Jul 2017
9,203 posts
  •  
Rosehip
- but with a teenager in tow this week, it was nice to have electric hook up in the tent - a lot of sites that don't take tents have mainly hard standing, must be easier to maintain ??

I'm surprised that sites don't have some sort of a hook up for back packers - the usual cable and sockets are much too big and heavy to carry

but it would be easy for sites to rent the cable etc with a usb plug fitted and being able to charge a phone or run/charge a tiny light would be a nice little luxury.
Jul 2017
1:39pm, 29 Jul 2017
7,838 posts
  •  
Garfield
Rosehip, you need a Pebble recharger. Fully charged, it can charge up a phone 4 times and could keep a USB light going nicely too. They're not too heavy either and about fist sized, flattened out.
.B.
Jul 2017
2:09pm, 29 Jul 2017
32,455 posts
  •  
.B.
Pebbles are great and really cheap from Sports Pursuit
Jul 2017
2:11pm, 29 Jul 2017
7,840 posts
  •  
Garfield
Yep, get the 8800 variety.:)
Jul 2017
8:05pm, 29 Jul 2017
5,147 posts
  •  
Helegant
Goes away to goggle the Pebble. The other variety, stick charger, is too big and heavy and doesn't carry/provide enough charge to earn a place in my pack.

And yes, a usb point would be much easier than the big three pin round thing we take with us for electric hook-ups.

btw, I found one 'luxury' mobile home/motorhome site that said they don't charge backpackers for pitches, will recharge small electrical devices etc free and only ask you to pay for per person extras (presumably showers). I wish more were like that.

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by Helegant