Fetch Real Ale Drinkers (FRAD)

73 watchers
Aug 2022
1:29pm, 29 Aug 2022
4,715 posts
  •  
Groundhog
Time for another brew as I counted up over 40 empty bottles in the beer pantry. I had a London Porter brewkit but when opened found it had none of the hops it should have, no yeast and no instructions (sometimes there are differences in when to add the hops). Anyway, I found some old yeast in a packet and revived it with some tepid water and dextrose and we shall see if it gets going this afternoon. I may have slightly cocked up though, as the kit came with two packs of malt and a big bag of dextrose, which on reflection may have been meant for post fermentation conditioning in bottle or pressure barrel. Oh, well...I guess the alcohol content might be a bit high on this brew :-o
Aug 2022
7:08pm, 29 Aug 2022
4,719 posts
  •  
Groundhog
Good news - fermenting is going nicely and it looks like I am meant to throw in some Target hops about half way through. I can get those from the brew shop not far from me for just a few quid.
Aug 2022
8:32pm, 29 Aug 2022
34,584 posts
  •  
Ocelot Spleens
Good news. I was worried.
Sep 2022
12:17pm, 5 Sep 2022
34,634 posts
  •  
Ocelot Spleens
Very recently, last weekend, I spotted a couple of cans from a brewery called Distant Hills, as I explained earlier they used to be Howard Town. I have had a couple of cans, Xanadu and Kerala, very good indeed, try Distant Hills' beers if you find them, they're from Glossop.
Nov 2022
11:58am, 11 Nov 2022
35,208 posts
  •  
Ocelot Spleens
We went out last night. I had 2 pints from the Blackjack Brewery from trendy Manchester's Northern Quarter. They were the best two cask beers I have had in ages. Nothing to out there, they Brew Stout, Porter, pales and IPAs mainly. If you are in Manchester check them out they sell in a few places

blackjack-beers.com
Nov 2022
3:56pm, 16 Nov 2022
625 posts
  •  
Hertford Tiger

Sounds good OS I’m planning trip to North west for next year so I’ll look out for that.

Meanwhile a picture from a newly refurbished pub in Hull the White Hart. 40 years ago it was a bit rough but now we’ll worth a visit for the ceramic bar alone. Although the beers are good.
Nov 2022
5:13pm, 16 Nov 2022
2,293 posts
  •  
SailorSteve
Charity Beer “mile” race tonight, in support of Rowans Hospice from my local brewery, The Fallen Acorn, to a local real ale venue, The Four Ale Taproom, and back again.

1 pint before running to the Taproom, 1 pint there, then 1 pint back at the brewery. 3 pints, 1.3 miles.

I won’t win but first prize is a £25 bar tab.

Lovely evening for it🍻⛈️💪
Nov 2022
5:40pm, 16 Nov 2022
35,303 posts
  •  
Ocelot Spleens
Hertford Tiger let me know nearer the time and I can point you in the direction of whatever beer/pub type you are after....
Nov 2022
5:42pm, 16 Nov 2022
35,304 posts
  •  
Ocelot Spleens
Ooh nice looking bar, plenty of options including stuff from the fridge!
Nov 2022
11:01pm, 16 Nov 2022
9,952 posts
  •  
BaronessBL
That race sounds fantastic SailorSteve! Hope it went well

About This Thread

Maintained by MoscowFlyer
Fetchies who love a pint of real ale.