Fetch Real Ale Drinkers (FRAD)

73 watchers
Aug 2021
12:03am, 2 Aug 2021
6,844 posts
  •  
Surrey Phil
It certainly is. I have stayed at The White Horse in Westleton and have had a very nice lunch at The Eel's Foot in Eastbridge.

It's no surprise that I'm off to Southwold again in the coming weeks.
Aug 2021
8:02am, 2 Aug 2021
8,965 posts
  •  
BaronessBL
I think the Bell at Middleton and the Eels Foot are under the same management. I haven't been to the Eels Foot in years - it was always very busy when I did go. If you get to the Theberton Lion while on your travels in that part of the world I'd be interested to hear about it as that's also on my list of pubs I want to visit!
Aug 2021
8:21am, 2 Aug 2021
7,524 posts
  •  
57.5 Degrees of Pain
A few years back for my mate's stag weekend we camped near the Eels Foot. Saturday's entertainment was an energetic pub crawl from there via Westleton, The Ship at Dunwich, The Anchor, The Bell and over the Blythe on the little ferry. It all got a bit messy in Southwold...
Aug 2021
8:38am, 2 Aug 2021
8,966 posts
  •  
BaronessBL
Crikey - that's good going. I hope you got a taxi back to the campsite!
Aug 2021
1:51pm, 2 Aug 2021
31,572 posts
  •  
Ocelot Spleens
The eels foot was my favourite pub when we stayed over there a couple of years back, oy maybe it was 3 now!
Aug 2021
7:41pm, 2 Aug 2021
6,845 posts
  •  
Surrey Phil
When staying near Sizewell, we went for a nightcap at The Vulcan. All I remember was it being pitch black when we came out and really hard to find our way along the country lane back to our lodgings.
Aug 2021
10:21pm, 2 Aug 2021
7,525 posts
  •  
57.5 Degrees of Pain
One of the guys was working till late so we had an invaluable designated driver BaronessBL! Wish I'd logged my walk on Fetch, it must have been at least 10 miles. I'd run from Great Finborough to the Eels Foot the day before so the legs were not at their best!

The friend who's stag it was is a great devotee of the real ale and foodie pubs of the Suffolk coast so he has introduced me to many. The Butt and Oyster is probably my favourite.
Aug 2021
10:43pm, 2 Aug 2021
8,967 posts
  •  
BaronessBL
You RAN from Great Finborough to the Eels Foot? Whatever for? And did you start from the Chestnut Horse in Great Finborough! The Butt and Oyster is now practically running distance from where I live (maybe not for me but for some I am sure it would be no trouble) - it gets very busy this time of year though so we probably won't venture there again until the quieter months. The Red Lion just up the road from it is excellent as far as foodie pubs go though (not so hot on real ale sadly)
Aug 2021
10:50pm, 2 Aug 2021
7,527 posts
  •  
57.5 Degrees of Pain
My mate lives just along the road from the Chestnut Horse so I was close. Was training for my first big Ultra. Had to put some miles in as an antidote to all the Adnams product on the agenda for the rest of the weekend. Still the second longest training run I've ever done.
Aug 2021
1:15pm, 3 Aug 2021
31,577 posts
  •  
Ocelot Spleens
That is a top class reason for a long run if you ask me.

About This Thread

Maintained by MoscowFlyer
Fetchies who love a pint of real ale.