•  
Mrs Jigs (Luverlylegs)
Hope everything is ok Lesley.
Jun 2019
4:36pm, 29 Jun 2019
7,581 posts
  •  
LouLou
Hope everything ok Lesley - I had a low lying placenta up until 35 weeks. If you can even walking good for you but most important is baby.

Had to run along the street today in a thunderstorm to rescue the washing from the line - shame daddy is injured!! He had the pram.
Jun 2019
5:57pm, 29 Jun 2019
1,785 posts
  •  
Lesley C
Things are much better today, just got to stay in hospital tonight. My placenta is at the front, they have no idea what caused it. Hopefully after some rest days I will try a short walk. Just don't want to risk it. Thanks guys.
Jul 2019
11:50am, 2 Jul 2019
1,312 posts
  •  
Silvershadow
Hope all expectant mums are ok. Just dropping out of lurk mode for Plastic Free July.
Our council offers a one off £25 cash back on a purchase of cloth nappies/covers or laundry service.
bbcdevwebfiles.blob.core.windows.net
You need a receipt for proof of purchase.
Might be worth checking your own council website to see if they do similar.
Jul 2019
8:10pm, 2 Jul 2019
1,789 posts
  •  
Lesley C
I am still in hospital. Bleeding is much heavier now and lost fluid last night. Scan is fine just need to rest up. Thought this morning that I might need to deliver, which I don't want to do at 25 weeks. So hopefully all is good for a wee while yet.
Jul 2019
8:33pm, 2 Jul 2019
7,582 posts
  •  
LouLou
Hope everything settles Lesley and baby stays put - I've got some distracting books I could send you if your going to be in hospital and bored?

It's amazing how resilient these little babies are.
Jul 2019
9:47pm, 2 Jul 2019
1,790 posts
  •  
Lesley C
I have my iPad so watching netflix etc, thank god for live streaming.

Yeah I think this one might be trouble maker when he/she pops out. Been so stressful. If I was to deliver now the prognosis is pretty good, so that was a relief to hear that.
Jul 2019
11:16am, 31 Jul 2019
7,585 posts
  •  
LouLou
I'm late to the party and just caught up with Lesley's blog - huge congratulations on the early arrival of your little boy. I hope he is getting stronger everyday xx
Jul 2019
7:16pm, 31 Jul 2019
1,794 posts
  •  
Lesley C
Thanks, sorry I haven’t posted in here. Just a waiting game now, he is putting on weight but is being tube fed and needs breathing support. We are happy and hope he continues the way he is. Looking like it will be October before he can come home.
Oct 2019
7:10pm, 13 Oct 2019
3,853 posts
  •  
SusiesueH
Hello lovely ladies, I wonder if I could ask your advice please? I’m finishing my training in child & adolescent psychotherapy and I need to do a infant observation module. I’m really struggling to find a mum and baby to observe and I wanted to ask your opinion on what barriers there W might be for people to volunteer to take part. I’ve posted on umpteen facebooks groups and mumsnet with no responses whatsoever. My question is what am I missing? What would prevent you from getting involved and what concerns or fears might you have? I can guess at a few and some of them I can’t do anything about but if any of you have some suggestions I’d be super grateful to hear them. This is what I’ve been posting:

Hello everyone

I’m looking for a family who would be willing to take part in a study for my Child and Adolescent Psychotherapy diploma. This comprises of me discreetly observing the development of a baby in the family home. I would need to meet the mum before birth and the observations would begin shortly after the baby is born. The observations will only be for one hour each week on the same day and time as far as possible for up to two years. I’m looking for a family who lives in or around west Gateshead. I have an up to date DBS and will provide a professional contract from my supervisor. The identity of the family will be kept strictly confidential in any written work or assignments I do.

You can contact me by email, or reply here if you are interested, or would like to know more sueholdsworththerapy AT gmail DOT com

Thanks for reading

About This Thread

Maintained by Tiggia
In the club? No not a running club, in THE club - discuss it here - cravings, mood swings, antenatal things, bowel movements...

-----------------------------------------------------------
Latest arrivals:

Battlecat - Gracie - 16 October 2017 pram
Neems - Isobel - 22 September 2017 pram
CornishEva - Thomas - 25 July 2017 pram

Expectant Fetchies:

louise182 - EDD 15 October 2017 pram