•  
Fragile Do Not Bend
It is there.
Oct 2020
7:20am, 29 Oct 2020
1,093 posts
  •  
Totriornottotri
Ugh. Rubbish run yesterday at the Pyestock score event. Was lazy and ended up running in circles for too long. Sprinted round the second half with no errors so very annoyed as I could have got the lot of I hadn’t wasted so much time.

I entered the TVOC event in Nov - it sold really quickly.
Oct 2020
8:50pm, 29 Oct 2020
1,487 posts
  •  
Shortcut Cam
Looks a decent route choice ToTri. I can understand why you left out the ones you did but with the time you had left you may have just squeezed them all in. I know other people had trouble with 125 so time could have been lost there. 109 gets used so often I’m on autopilot for that one. (I’ve also gone on family walks to Fleet Pond then disappeared off to recce attack points for that one).

Windmill Hill next week, used for the JK middle distance last year, a complete contrast to Pyestock.
Nov 2020
4:29pm, 1 Nov 2020
1,095 posts
  •  
Totriornottotri
Yes 9 and 21 I didn’t pay enough attention. 8 was not reading the map enough at start. Then felt I had to miss the bottom section. Annoying as I felt I could have got them all.

Hope Wed is still on. I did JK last year. Can’t remember much about it! Will dig out map.
Nov 2020
4:32pm, 1 Nov 2020
1,096 posts
  •  
Totriornottotri
Just looked. I remember the controls by the canal canal but can’t remember much else. I had a good run 50 min v 40 min for winner.
Nov 2020
10:36pm, 1 Nov 2020
12,075 posts
  •  
rf_fozzy
I remember the JK windmill hill day as lots of brashings in western part, boggy by canal and uninteresting and then the overgrown part to finish.

Plus the ridiculous start meaning the interesting (at least it looked so) semi open area not used.

Our event on wed is going ahead
Nov 2020
6:58am, 2 Nov 2020
1,104 posts
  •  
Totriornottotri
Awesome.
Nov 2020
6:15pm, 2 Nov 2020
1,488 posts
  •  
Shortcut Cam
My memory of the JK at Windmill Hill is the heat. I wasn’t running as I had the Manchester marathon week later so was marshalling at the results tent. As well as having fun pasting the results on the boards You may remember me as the guy with all the water bottles but they were for ‘elite’ athletes only!
Nov 2020
6:19pm, 2 Nov 2020
12,080 posts
  •  
rf_fozzy
Oh, don't get me started on "elite" competitors and water provision for them only.

I've had some discussions about this in the past.
Nov 2020
6:24pm, 2 Nov 2020
1,489 posts
  •  
Shortcut Cam
Have you completed the BO survey? Provision for elites is not my priority for the sport. Also find the BO levy on events unreasonable.

About This Thread

Maintained by rf_fozzy
A thread all about orienteering.

If you have any questions (however basic they may seem!) please ask in the thread and someone will hopefully be able to answer.

Here are some useful links:

British Orienteering Federation (BOF): britishorienteering.org.uk

BOF newcomer's guide: britishorienteering.org.uk
Graham Gristwood's beginner's guide on Youtube:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=26Zc5AVkFis&feature=emb_title

Find an event through BOF website: britishorienteering.org.uk
Find a local club through the BOF website: britishorienteering.org.uk
Find a local Permanent Orienteering Course: britishorienteering.org.uk

Maprunner main site: maprunner.co.uk

Map symbol guides: maprunner.co.uk
Control Description guide: maprunner.co.uk
Control Description Quiz: maprunner.co.uk