•  
Alice the Camel
Fabulous! Hope you enjoyed it Nick.
Oct 2021
10:50am, 10 Oct 2021
2,679 posts
  •  
Groundhog
Nick, when the Windlesham pairs relay is on they always have a chap playing saxophone during the event. He plays for about 2 hours
Dec 2021
4:56pm, 28 Dec 2021
8,347 posts
  •  
Eynsham Red
I’ve just started to learn to play the bass guitar. My daughter has one which she’d not used for ages, and my wife suggested that I might borrow it to learn, as apparently I often hum along to the bass line on a tune when played on the radio.
I’ve got an 8 week course book to get me started.
I’m very used to standard electric and acoustic guitars, but the fret spacing and neck length will need a good deal of practise to adjust to.
It’s a nice light instrument so hopefully won’t cause me any back problems.
Nice to have a new challenge.
Dec 2021
6:45pm, 28 Dec 2021
16,428 posts
  •  
Garfield
:) I've been relearning piano...it's maddening to massacre things I used to be able to play well. ;)
Dec 2021
7:11pm, 28 Dec 2021
25,973 posts
  •  
Lizzie Whizz
I had fun playing the melody line of Kate Rusby Christmas songs on the piano yesterday: listened to get the first note, then fiddled around. She sings in some tricky keys!
T10 passed his Grade 1 Cornet and enjoyed performing :-)

I need to think up some music playlists for him to listen to.
Dec 2021
7:48pm, 28 Dec 2021
9,202 posts
  •  
Alice Navidad
A query that maybe someone on here can help with!

I play with a symphonic windband and am thinking about digitalising my many pieces of sheet music and using my iPad for rehearsals. At the moment, music is sent out via OneDrive which I download and print off.
Do I need an app to store music or will DropBox do?
Would a pedal page turner work with DropBox?

Any help/advice much appreciated! Thank you.
Dec 2021
10:52pm, 28 Dec 2021
5,201 posts
  •  
Little Saint Pothunter
Alice the Camel I’ve not used it myself but a few people I’ve spoken to swear by Forscore.
Dec 2021
8:36am, 29 Dec 2021
9,210 posts
  •  
Alice Navidad
Pothunter Thanks, I’ve heard of ForScore. I don’t know anyone who uses it though so was hoping for some advice before I spend money :-)
Dec 2021
9:52am, 29 Dec 2021
182 posts
  •  
GetOutTheDoor
A harpist friend uses forscore for everything. Makes annotating her music easy. Plus you can hugely improve legibility of parts. I'm planning on getting this eventually.
Feb 2022
6:39pm, 13 Feb 2022
38,991 posts
  •  
Purps

The school I work in has let me borrow a flute and a clarinet to see which I'd like to learn before I buy. I can get notes out of both.

About This Thread

Maintained by RunnyBunny
A thread for musicians - all instruments, all abilities. Here's a link to our lockdown band video, arranged and sorted out by the very talented EdJ
https://youtu.be/D_fVaVXKOIo