Fetch modellers - model cars, trains, lego, meccano, airfix etc. :-)

15 watchers
Jan 2022
8:11am, 4 Jan 2022
40,696 posts
  •  
HappyG(rrr)
Ooh, show us some pics, if you're up for it, 1step2far?

I was in "the big toon" (Edinburgh) with grandson over Christmas. We were heading for Waterstones for some book browsing and a coffee. But as we were going down Castle St we went past the window of Warhammer and he loved all the wee figures. We made it to the book shop. But only just! :-) G
Jan 2022
8:34am, 4 Jan 2022
1,111 posts
  •  
Will Crash
Jan 2022
8:34am, 4 Jan 2022
1,112 posts
  •  
Will Crash
Jan 2022
8:35am, 4 Jan 2022
1,113 posts
  •  
Will Crash
Couple of my Lancaster’s for your perusal
Jan 2022
8:55am, 4 Jan 2022
40,698 posts
  •  
HappyG(rrr)
Wow, that looks fantastic Will. Is the Mickey Mouse a transfer that came with the model? Love the machine gun detail and the painting looks excellent. :-) G
Jan 2022
8:57am, 4 Jan 2022
6,603 posts
  •  
1step2far
Very nice Will! Love the wing detail.
Jan 2022
9:00am, 4 Jan 2022
6,604 posts
  •  
1step2far
I'll see what I can find Happy :-)
Jan 2022
9:01am, 4 Jan 2022
1,115 posts
  •  
Will Crash
The Mickey Mouse came from the model kit (Tamiya) it’s from an aircraft called Admiral Prune !! Flown by Guy Gibson for a couple of trips. It was lost over Turin after double engine failure.

Glad you like her, I’ve only recently got into airbrushing
Jan 2022
9:05am, 4 Jan 2022
40,700 posts
  •  
HappyG(rrr)
Ah, that explains the painting quality. Almost all the car bodies that the folk have at the track I race at, are professionally painted, with incredible, air-brushed effects, like texture using stencils, and patterns and layers using masks. I've watched quite a few airbrush painting vids. I've actually got one body that I still need to paint.

I did wonder about a Lancaster having Mickey Mouse on it - did American air crews fly the Lancaster?! Or are you using a bit of historical artistic licence there? :-) G
Jan 2022
10:03am, 4 Jan 2022
1,116 posts
  •  
Will Crash
The crew that flew Admiral Prune were all British bud.

There’s loads of info on the aircraft if you search Admiral Prune

In fact the Lancaster I’m building now has a Admiral Prune transfer in it.

About This Thread

Maintained by HappyG(rrr)
I can't believe that we've got Crafts, Gardening, Computer Games, but not model cars, trains...!

Just don't call them toys!

My particular hobby was 1/10th scale radio controlled car racing. I'm now looking to get into radio controlled planes. We have some Airfix model builders in here and Lego builders too. Any type of model vehicles really! Planes, trains, automobiles... boats, helicopters, anything! Come join in! :-) G

Useful Links

FE accepts no responsibility for external links. Or anything, really.