Fetch modellers - model cars, trains, lego, meccano, airfix etc. :-)

15 watchers
May 2021
3:45pm, 19 May 2021
38,748 posts
  •  
HappyG(rrr)
Anyone want an update. I've got a couple more vids from recent events that I can link too. :-) G
May 2021
10:52am, 20 May 2021
38,763 posts
  •  
HappyG(rrr)
That would be a "No" then! ;-) :-P :-) G
May 2021
9:45pm, 20 May 2021
530 posts
  •  
icenutter
Go on then!
May 2021
10:58pm, 20 May 2021
38,770 posts
  •  
HappyG(rrr)
Lol. Talk about attention seeking eh?

Very muddy last round 2 weeks ago. Haven't cleaned or done the shock absorbers so skipped last week for a hill run stead!

50 cars last week in my absence and perfect sun apparently. Gonna be 80 this week! :-) G
May 2021
11:05am, 25 May 2021
38,804 posts
  •  
HappyG(rrr)
Back on it this weekend. Was threatening rain and would have bailed if it had, but it was fine, a few spits and spots only.

If you're interested, the electronic timing gives really detailed results:

ddrcc.co.uk

I was 5th in 4WD B final and 8th (last) in 2WD but in the top final, the A final. Good fun. Still haven't taken cars apart to clean, nor rebuilt my shock absorbers. Did re-affix my speed controller on the 4WD that was coming loose though.

Had no mechanical or logistical faults (body coming off, wheels coming off, battery dying, breakages or anything working loose or other schoolboy errors). Welcomed someone looking to join and gave some info. Another club mate lent him his car to try out in a qualifying. Very generous! :-) G
Jun 2021
3:28pm, 4 Jun 2021
38,916 posts
  •  
HappyG(rrr)
Somebody make me clean my cars. Pleeeaaasssee!

I won my B final 2WD and 2nd in B final 4WD at weekend past. Lovely day, sunny and I was burnt!

Must. Do. Maintenance! :-) G
Jun 2021
4:21pm, 11 Jun 2021
38,957 posts
  •  
HappyG(rrr)
I've done my shock absorbers on the 2WD. As expected, think I did some bits wrong, but they seem to all be back on so hopefully working OK. Will find out on Sunday!

And I've changed front hub hexes from 12mm to 14mm so I can use some spare wheels that I have. Go me!

And put drag brake default at 10% on both cars so hopefully they'll be similar. Need to get some new tyres for 2WD (just cos haven't changed them in 3 years!

Better than not doing anything. But more to learn. Gaining confidence though. :-) G
Jun 2021
10:51am, 14 Jun 2021
38,967 posts
  •  
HappyG(rrr)
Lovely day at the car racing yesterday. So lucky with weather at the mo. 38 cars out, including a few kids driving, and the club car for one new family who were along.

I was pretty woeful - made it to B final of 4WD in pole position but dropped to 4th in race. And started A final of 2WD in 4th and dropped to 7th. But all good fun and felt my cars were set up OK and I didn't have any "silly" mistakes, like batteries running out, mechanical defects or missing a heat or anything.

Next weekend is BBQ and some family fun at the event. Hope it goes well for the club. And taking first road trip of the season with a trip up the coast to Stonehaven's track on 18 July for an inter-district event. Should be fun. :-) G
Jul 2021
10:44am, 15 Jul 2021
39,195 posts
  •  
HappyG(rrr)
I'm on the road this weekend - up to Stonehaven to race in the Inter-district Champs (actually just a glorified bit of multi-club racing, because our usual Scottish Off Road Champ series has been off due to Covid).

Should be fun. 6.30 drive up, 8.00 practice starts, with qualifying heats from 9.00. Racing all day until 17.00, then fish n chips with local Fetchies and back down the road for home.

Looks like nice weather due to hold too, so hopefully will be a great day out.

If anyone wants to know anything about model car racing, please just shout! :-) G
Jul 2021
11:25am, 20 Jul 2021
39,255 posts
  •  
HappyG(rrr)
A wee report from Sunday's Scottish Inter Club series, if anyone is interested!

fetcheveryone.com/blog/13263/2021/7#blog430078

Pictures of cars in air!

About This Thread

Maintained by HappyG(rrr)
I can't believe that we've got Crafts, Gardening, Computer Games, but not model cars, trains...!

Just don't call them toys!

My particular hobby was 1/10th scale radio controlled car racing. I'm now looking to get into radio controlled planes. We have some Airfix model builders in here and Lego builders too. Any type of model vehicles really! Planes, trains, automobiles... boats, helicopters, anything! Come join in! :-) G

Useful Links

FE accepts no responsibility for external links. Or anything, really.