1 lurker | 14 watchers
Apr 2015
9:35am, 20 Apr 2015
15,938 posts
  •  
fetcheveryone
Morning :-)

Thanks for all the nice comments.

Ptb - the desktop home page is typically about 300k, but the mobile one is 17k. Likewise, the desktop forum list is about 285k, but the mobile one is 36k. Similar story with most of the other pages. The ones with Google Maps are still fairly heavy - but still reduced by about a third (400k down from 600k). And I think I read somewhere that there's a version of jQuery that's optimised for mobile, so I'll try sticking that in today, and see if it makes a difference.

AC - I'll have a think about how to do that. There has to be a trade-off between including all the functionality of the main site, and maintaining simplicity and fast loading.

MrD - what phone do you have? I've noticed it's a bit of a shambles on iPhone too.
Apr 2015
8:58pm, 20 Apr 2015
9,073 posts
  •  
Keefy Beefy
When I accidentally pick my old Fetch bookmark, I can't believe I ever read a blog on my phone. New mobile vay better and now with favicon :-)
Apr 2015
9:38pm, 20 Apr 2015
15,946 posts
  •  
fetcheveryone
Thanks Keefy :-)
May 2015
7:20pm, 4 May 2015
1,396 posts
  •  
VicksterH
Is the mobile site supposed to save usernames and passwords? I seem to have to enter mine every time I go to the site. maybe its just me. Other than that i love it :-)
May 2015
8:12pm, 4 May 2015
3,440 posts
  •  
Magpie Rob
I'm generally enjoying using the mobile site but missing the "About This Thread" info from the sidebar from certain threads.

I realise most threads never update from the automatically generated content from the first post but some have all the useful links to information elsewhere or lists of runners targetting a particular time, etc. At the moment, you have to switch back to the desktop version to see that info.

Could you consider displaying it beneath the latest post on certain threads? Maybe it could be turned off by default so it doesn't waste bandwidth for useless info but thread admins could opt to have it shown when there is important information there.
Jun 2015
6:40am, 3 Jun 2015
95 posts
  •  
stickland
How can you follow a blog on the mobile site?
Aug 2015
7:54am, 3 Aug 2015
123 posts
  •  
stickland
Hello another couple of questions about how to do things in the Mobil site
When editing a picture I can't see the tag needed to paste into a blog. Am I doing something wrong or is it possible to make it visible?
If I click on the link to see the photo in the desk top version I'm asked to log in first. Is it possible to be logged automatically?

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by fetcheveryone
Hello folks,

If you're on a mobile, come for a look at the mobile site: http://m.fetcheveryone.c...