Fetch London Mile 14. May 11th

27 watchers
May 2013
6:49pm, 11 May 2013
316 posts
  •  
Fravage
Absolute pleasure to meet you all. Very much looking forward to the next Fetch sponsored event!
May 2013
6:54pm, 11 May 2013
1,236 posts
  •  
Willymo
Was great to put faces to thong pics
May 2013
7:20pm, 11 May 2013
317 posts
  •  
Fravage
Sshhhh Willymo
May 2013
8:24pm, 11 May 2013
3,824 posts
  •  
Sharkie
What whatwhatwhat what what? Have obviously missed something in my senile way.

Well, Will DID accuse me of being 65. And after I'd been so complimentary about his running an' all.

Apart from that hideous faux pas on his part ;-0 it was excellent to finally meet Mrs. Winkle, and Magpie Rob - and well, everyone else too.

Well run too you lot. I only managed 120 metres and a bit of poncing about.
May 2013
8:41pm, 11 May 2013
1,237 posts
  •  
Willymo
Sorry Sharks! Hopefully my arm will recover from the punch in time to sort my action out for next week.
May 2013
8:42pm, 11 May 2013
1,921 posts
  •  
PaulaMc
Despite the awful weather, and a pinging calf muscle that pulled me up after 1 lap, it was a great afternoon :-)

I wasn't much bothered about the time today and so when I felt the calf muscle I didn't think twice, just pulled over to the side of the track and enjoyed everybody else's running. I don't think it's anything to worry about, something that twinges quite a lot when I don't look after it properly, but not worth putting under undue strain for no real gain (and today would have been the slowest time I've done for a while).

Lovely to meet some new people (for me), and a splendiferous WELL DONE to HermanBloom who now has two excellent PBs to his name in one day! And also a great well done to Ed (not a Fetchie) who is my son-in-law to be and who ran his first ever timed mile today. He said he really enjoyed it and looks forward to the next one.

Now I need to sober up a bit and sort out some dinner (and apply a little Deep Heat to the poor calf).

xxx
May 2013
11:02am, 12 May 2013
586 posts
  •  
Geprig
Enjoy the deep heat. I can say that i certainly enjoyed the banana loaf. The secret ingredient in that is probably good for the calf too.

I know what you mean about not putting things under undue strain. You know that it will be in good shape for you when you need if you listen to your body now. It's not easy to follow the wiser course so well done for being such a good example.

If your SiL2B is not a fetchie then he should be because he certainly runs like one.

It might only be four laps of the track but a fetch meet up makes me feel as good about running as any marathon or PB anywhere. thanks to everyone for making it such a lovely afternoon.
May 2013
11:11am, 12 May 2013
587 posts
  •  
Geprig
p.s.

Chris,

Huge thanks for making all this come together.

Battersea park is a real gem and I think the track is one of the best in London. Finsbury Park has is quite accessible although it is not as scenic.
May 2013
11:42am, 12 May 2013
9,062 posts
  •  
fleecy
Sorry I couldn't make it, will come to the next one :) Though looking at your times I would've been the slowest there by about a gazillion minutes :)
May 2013
11:50am, 12 May 2013
387 posts
  •  
mole-thing
Sorry not to make it here as well. My calf is improving with rest and I can now walk up and down stairs without pain. Look forward to the next one.

About This Thread

Maintained by ChrisHB
Battersea Park track. 15:00. £3.90.
http://www.fetcheveryone.com/viewracedetails.php?id=82193