Fetch Fliers? Soar here! :-)

4 watchers
Jan 2021
4:09pm, 26 Jan 2021
21,884 posts
  •  
Dvorak
Your thread, I think you are allowed ;-) How long until anyone will fly again :-( ?
Jan 2021
4:13pm, 26 Jan 2021
37,278 posts
  •  
HappyG(rrr)
2 paragliders (or motors?) flying over Lomonds on Sun when I was skiing, so def folk flying at mo. Essential exercise? Or maybe they were doing surveying or something? :-) G
Jan 2021
4:24pm, 26 Jan 2021
21,752 posts
  •  
Angus Clydesdale
Local farmer flying microlight round here. It’s kept in his tattie shed and launched across the adjacent carrot field.
Jan 2021
4:26pm, 26 Jan 2021
37,281 posts
  •  
HappyG(rrr)
Crop dusting? (or is that only in American mid west?) :-) G
Jan 2021
4:26pm, 26 Jan 2021
21,754 posts
  •  
Angus Clydesdale
LOL.

We reckon he’s just burning up the inheritance! ;)
Jan 2021
9:09am, 27 Jan 2021
37,290 posts
  •  
HappyG(rrr)
I'm reading Tim Peake's autobiography at the moment (UK astronaut on International Space Station - sang Space Oddity with a guitar and ran London marathon on treadmill, strapped down with bungee cords, I think?) and he trained on Chipmunks, then helicopters, Gazelle, Apache etc. I love his enthusiasm for flying.

Did I ever tell my story from WHW in here? It was dark, about 3 hours into 24 hours of running, 4am (race having started at 1am) and we were going up first decent incline - Conic Hill, south of Loch Lomond. I fell into step with a chap and we got chatting, as you do on ultras. After general running history and expectations chat, we moved on to What do you do, where do you live etc. Edinburgh area and boring computers for banks from me. He was an RAF Pilot based at Lossiemouth (I think, this was back in 2015, was Lossie still open then?) Cool! One great thing he said is that he had recced the WHW in a Tornado (?) and Fort William (end) to Milngavie (start) - 95 miles, had taken him 14 mins (does that sound right, I haven't done the maths)!

Great chat you get on ultras! :-) G
Jan 2021
11:20am, 27 Jan 2021
37,303 posts
  •  
HappyG(rrr)
Any qualified pilots (powered, fixed wing, rotor, balloonists errr...?!) want to join in the chat: BarefootEm, ChrisHB...? :-) G
Jan 2021
3:15pm, 27 Jan 2021
21,896 posts
  •  
Dvorak
(Astronauts, fighter pilots ... ;-) )
Jan 2021
3:24pm, 27 Jan 2021
37,310 posts
  •  
HappyG(rrr)
Actually yeah Dv, base jumpers, wing diving, airship blimp drivers...

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by HappyG(rrr)
Any paragliders, para motorers (sp?) or hang gliders in the Fetch massive?

Also, extending it to powered aircraft, fixed wing, rotor etc. too as discovered we have a few qualified pilots in Fetch (BarefootEm, ChrisHB?!) :-) G