Fetch Fell Runners

158 watchers
Jan 2022
8:40am, 6 Jan 2022
2,982 posts
  •  
flyingfinn
Mine is running in mode 1 but by the time I start to notice the drop off it's getting close to empty. It warns you when it is very low by flashing.
Jan 2022
8:49am, 6 Jan 2022
4,865 posts
  •  
K5 Gus
Thanks zp and ff - I'm well confused now, as I think you are both saying you get full power close to 10 hours in mode 1, but the graph on the instructions ( without any values on either axis which makes it difficult to interperet ) implies that would not be the case.

I'll maybe email ledlenser customer services and ask for clarification
Jan 2022
9:20am, 6 Jan 2022
2,983 posts
  •  
flyingfinn
What I'm trying to say is that though there is i'm sure drop off in mode 1 by the time it becomes apparent to me it is close to the battery being empty, so for close to 10 hours you get a very useable amount of light.
Jan 2022
10:38am, 6 Jan 2022
4,172 posts
  •  
Curly45
S'up fellers :)

Probably going to Ambergate at some point in the next 6-8 weeks, but will likely only fit one run in on the Sunday - anything exciting any of you know about up that way?

There's a canal if I want flat land, but just fancied a trip into the hills.
Jan 2022
11:09am, 6 Jan 2022
53,576 posts
  •  
Derby Tup
flyingfinn is the man in that area but I lived and worked in Amber Valley for 40 years

How far you looking to run?

Ambergate Woods is an interesting area with various paths and trails for a short outing. Black Rocks down the road above Cromford is another possibility. Both have fell races as does the Chevin above Milford on my old patch
Jan 2022
11:11am, 6 Jan 2022
2,984 posts
  •  
flyingfinn
Curley from Ambergate you can run up into Shining Cliff Woods. That offers you numerous paths that would easily give you a hilly hour plus. If you fancy something longer you could go out the top side of the woods and go up to the radio masts on the top of Alport Heights. On a clear day you get a great view from there.

Alternatively if you don't mind a short drive then going up to Cromford gives you the High Peak Trail and all the woodland round Black Rocks to play in.

Neither option is short of hills.
Jan 2022
11:19am, 6 Jan 2022
4,173 posts
  •  
Curly45
Thanks guys - probably an hour or so would do. The Shining Cliff Woods sound good so I will add to my possible list :)
Jan 2022
3:34pm, 7 Jan 2022
3,939 posts
  •  
Snoot
I’m using the NEO10R and just assumed the diagram was cycling through high / med / low as an initial setting?

Nearly lost it today as the wind at Strumble head blew it off my head 😱. Put my hood up after that for a big more security!!
Jan 2022
3:37pm, 7 Jan 2022
82,599 posts
  •  
swittle
Strumble Head ^ has brought back fine memories of touring Pembrokeshire during family holidays. On a windy day, 'exposed' doesn't really cover it. :-o
Jan 2022
8:22pm, 7 Jan 2022
1,705 posts
  •  
Gromit
Curly … you’ll possibly find you get clobbered by loads of MTB’s at the moment in the woods most weekends which is also making the paths terrible … other potential would be the other side of the valley and head slightly along the canal then head up to Crich Stand for some fabulous views if it’s a clear day 👍

About This Thread

Maintained by Northern Exile
A place to discuss all aspects of running on the fells, from footwear to the best line off Scafell Pike :-) Beginners welcome!