Fetch F1 Fans

34 watchers
Dec 2020
8:58am, 2 Dec 2020
411 posts
  •  
iRicey
Russell is a Mercedes driver on a 3 year release to Williams.
Dec 2020
8:59am, 2 Dec 2020
412 posts
  •  
iRicey
They're also an engine customer and Toto was a shareholder iirc. His wife was a development driver a few years back too. So yes there are some links.
Dec 2020
9:38am, 2 Dec 2020
72,285 posts
  •  
Gobi
This is exciting
Dec 2020
10:02am, 2 Dec 2020
36,683 posts
  •  
Merry Christmas and Happy NewG(rrr)
Ah cool, didn't know Russell was already Mercedes. Will be fun to see what happens.

One of my colleagues rather uncharitably said he'll probably bin it on the formation lap. :-) G
Dec 2020
10:02am, 2 Dec 2020
1,019 posts
  •  
Akie
Also confirmed that there will be a Schumacher (Mick) in the Haas next year.
Dec 2020
10:20am, 2 Dec 2020
3,292 posts
  •  
Pothunter
Great opportunity for Russell. However if he does well it will just feed the trolls about the Merc being so much better than the other cars. Bottas will be nervous though!

Re the relationship with Williams - remember that Bottas was a Williams driver and came across at short notice when Nico retired.
Dec 2020
10:24am, 2 Dec 2020
36,688 posts
  •  
Merry Christmas and Happy NewG(rrr)
I think a good outcome would be Russell ahead of Bottas, but both Mercs down on e.g. Red Bull, and/or McLaren, Racing Point or Renault. Then Russell shows his quality but it still demonstrates that Hamilton is a bit of a unique talent over and above. Who knows though. Fun! :-) G
Dec 2020
12:17pm, 2 Dec 2020
12,846 posts
  •  
❄larkim❄
Russell third behind Bottas and Verstappen would be an excellent result and in terms of a fair fight, the best outcome that Russell should be hoping for given his lack of experience with the car or the team.

Agree if Russell just canes it and wins, beating Bottas and Verstappen fair and square then that would fuel the Hamilton detractors. Though equally it would make Russell look very, very good!!
Dec 2020
1:17pm, 2 Dec 2020
72,292 posts
  •  
Gobi
As long as George is among the Bulls and Bottas it is a very good drive.

If among the group fighting for 3rd in Constructors it is a solid drive.

I think there is a lot of pressure on him now as suddenly he has a drive in the best car in F1
Dec 2020
2:04pm, 2 Dec 2020
12,847 posts
  •  
❄larkim❄
At least it's made this weekends' GP a must watch. Though as I'll be on the road picking up a Uni student for Christmas, that's a shame for me!

About This Thread

Maintained by larkim
Thread for those who like their racing long, predictable but strangely addictive. And generally fossil fuelled.

Spoiler best practice
No quali spoilers until after (or during?) the Ch4 highlights show
No race spoilers until after (or during?) the Ch4 highlights show

Spoiler tags can be used - we're all grown ups so no need to click a Spoiler tag if we don't need to. But just make sure you type it correctly!!

So it needs to be (without the spaces, and all lowercase)

< spoiler >< /spoiler >