Fetch F1 Fans

34 watchers
Jul 2022
10:28am, 6 Jul 2022
42,807 posts
  •  
HappyG(rrr)
Is it historical? Ralf and Michael Schumacher raced at same time, so they were RSC and MSC?
Jul 2022
10:34am, 6 Jul 2022
2,678 posts
  •  
iRicey
He requested it I think because of his father - he was initially given SCH.
Jul 2022
10:38am, 6 Jul 2022
18,230 posts
  •  
larkim
I do wish they'd stick those letters on the halo too. I know it's not that hard to track the drivers by helmet design, but it makes things a whole load easier for people like me that aren't observant about colours and patterns!
Jul 2022
10:46am, 6 Jul 2022
2,355 posts
  •  
RunningRonnie
I did wonder if it was historical for his dad.
Jul 2022
10:13pm, 6 Jul 2022
6,306 posts
  •  
Pothunter
I do wish they'd stick those letters on the halo too. I know it's not that hard to track the drivers by helmet design, but it makes things a whole load easier for people like me that aren't observant about colours and patterns!

100% this!
Jul 2022
8:31am, 11 Jul 2022
18,380 posts
  •  
larkim
Better than expected Austrian GP race after the snoozefest that was the sprint race. There can't be too many races where the eventual winner has overtaken their rival on track 3 times in a race to win.

Pretty appalling insights though into the travelling fans supporting Max.

Though actually, having camped at the German GP 10 years ago and experienced what the overnight camp site felt like I'm not sure I see too much difference in the behaviours that were always there to a degree, arguably inflamed now with a distinct rivalry between LH and MV.

On the one hand, the camp was boisterous, fun, lively. On the other hand, there was europop playing loudly from various camps through to 5am, I encountered one HGV-based encampment where there were strippers on at 2am (bear in mind this was notionally the family campsite), lots and lots of drinking, etc etc. and mostly (it seemed) this was the travelling Dutch fanbase.

Maybe 2022 is more open about calling out this kind of behaviour than 2012 was. Obviously some very specific incidences of sexual assault (or at least, sexual intimidation), racism and homophobia at the circuit which are utterly unacceptable and good to hear being called out.
Jul 2022
8:43am, 11 Jul 2022
42,883 posts
  •  
HappyG(rrr)
I thought it was a fab race - 5 cars into a few corners was pretty amazing. Double pass by Haas Magnussen and Schumacher on Stroll, Hamilton making his way through the field, and Leclerc hanging on to refresh the championship battle.

I haven't heard or read anything about the Dutch fans. Were them some bad incidents larks?

Really enjoyed the race. Literally gripped to the last seconds! :-) G
Jul 2022
8:44am, 11 Jul 2022
42,884 posts
  •  
HappyG(rrr)
Sainz fire was pretty scary. Very sad for him and his result. And how did Leclerc manage to still only lose a few 10ths a lap with a throttle pedal that was stuck at 10% min?! :-) G
Jul 2022
8:45am, 11 Jul 2022
18,382 posts
  •  
larkim
autosport.com

bbc.co.uk

Sounds pretty intimidating.
Jul 2022
9:08am, 11 Jul 2022
8,004 posts
  •  
minardi
Yes, those last few laps must have been a brown trouser job for Leclerc but it was great to have overtaking in a race. I'm so enjoying both Haas finishing in the points - again. Can't wait for the next series of Drive To Survive to watch Gunther throughout!

About This Thread

Maintained by larkim
Thread for those who like their racing long, predictable but strangely addictive. And generally fossil fuelled.

Spoiler best practice
No quali spoilers until after (or during?) the Ch4 highlights show
No race spoilers until after (or during?) the Ch4 highlights show

Spoiler tags can be used - we're all grown ups so no need to click a Spoiler tag if we don't need to. But just make sure you type it correctly!!

So it needs to be (without the spaces, and all lowercase)

< spoiler >< /spoiler >