Fetch F1 Fans

34 watchers
Jun 2022
12:09pm, 19 Jun 2022
2,349 posts
  •  
RunningRonnie
Really enjoyed quali in the wet. Constant lapping of most cars meant there was always something to watch.
Jun 2022
8:31am, 20 Jun 2022
7,871 posts
  •  
minardi
Great race
Jun 2022
8:36am, 20 Jun 2022
18,095 posts
  •  
larkim
Had to get up early to watch the highlights as I was out last night. Hoped for a bit more from the race (but that's from the perspective of someone who just hopes every lap that Max will have an issue!) but as usual Canada delivers a decent race.

49 points Max to Leclerc. If only Max would have a couple of DNFs it'll be all back to play for, but his RBR looks pretty imperious at the moment. I've got my fingers crossed though ;-)
Jun 2022
12:48pm, 20 Jun 2022
42,671 posts
  •  
HappyG(rrr)
Watched recording over breakfast. I thought it was pretty good watch. Shame Sainz couldn't get him at the end there. Respect to Verstappen - he is incredibly tough, even when being pressured for lap after lap.

Some great overtaking throughout the field. Sorry Alonso wasn't able to hold on for a higher finish. Great to see Hamilton on podium for first time this year. Solid points for Mercedes again. :-) G
Jun 2022
2:23pm, 21 Jun 2022
18,109 posts
  •  
larkim
Second time for Ham this year wasn't it? He was third in Bahrain too, easily forgotten!
Jun 2022
3:26pm, 21 Jun 2022
42,690 posts
  •  
HappyG(rrr)
Yes, forgot that.
Jun 2022
3:34pm, 21 Jun 2022
18,110 posts
  •  
larkim
I'd forgotten too tbh until the various podcasts reminded me.

Read some interesting things about the bouncing (not porpoising) in terms of driver safety. I must admit my first thought was "if they've built a car which is hard to drive, that's the team's fault", but the tone seems to be very much along the lines of "the FIA wouldn't allow teams to build cars with a spike sticking through the steering wheel even if it was the fastest design for the car, so why should they allow cars to be fast but harmful in terms of bouncing". Maybe I'm too immune to the "Motorsport is dangerous" aspect.
Jun 2022
3:59pm, 21 Jun 2022
42,691 posts
  •  
HappyG(rrr)
I see it more that the FIA have specified the new regulations. It's a major overhaul. The result of that, working within these specifications (which are constraints/restrictions largely) is that every manufacturer's cars are bouncing. If this is dangerous, then the regulations should change, allowing the designs to change to eliminate the bouncing (or to an acceptable level), while still meeting whatever the FIA's objectives were (more ground effect, less aerodynamic reliance, so that following another car was less detrimental)?

It's not "banning bouncing" like "banning a spike in the cockpit", it's "adjusting the constraining specs to reduce the likelihood of designs within that spec exhibiting a potentially dangerous side effect"?

I can understand the annoyance of teams that exhibit the problem less, while performing better overall, versus the team with the biggest problem, feeling that they are being disadvantaged. Them's the breaks! :-) G
Jul 2022
8:24pm, 3 Jul 2022
42,773 posts
  •  
HappyG(rrr)
Wow - GB GP, what a race! Glad Zhou is OK too. :-) G
Jul 2022
9:51pm, 3 Jul 2022
2,351 posts
  •  
RunningRonnie
Brilliant. Those last 10 laps were awesome.

About This Thread

Maintained by larkim
Thread for those who like their racing long, predictable but strangely addictive. And generally fossil fuelled.

Spoiler best practice
No quali spoilers until after (or during?) the Ch4 highlights show
No race spoilers until after (or during?) the Ch4 highlights show

Spoiler tags can be used - we're all grown ups so no need to click a Spoiler tag if we don't need to. But just make sure you type it correctly!!

So it needs to be (without the spaces, and all lowercase)

< spoiler >< /spoiler >