BETTER WITHOUT ADS? Become a voluntary supporter

Welcome To Fetcheveryone

Our awesome training log doesn't hide its best features behind a paywall. Search thousands of events, get advice, play games, measure routes, and more! Join our friendly community of runners, cyclists, and swimmers.
Click here to get started
Already a Fetchie? Sign in here

Fetch F1 Fans

23 watchers
7 Jun
8:41am, 7 Jun 2021
1164 posts
Akie
I think Lewis suffered cos he actually got a really good start and got alongside Perez so kind of had to go for it.

Agree with larkim, not sure why we got a restart and not just a finish under the SC but it was certainly more exciting.
7 Jun
8:50am, 7 Jun 2021
38925 posts
HappyG(rrr)
I was surprised, thought they'd just can it. But it was a spectacle. And actually Hamilton making that mistake is good for the championship driver's battle I think, with Max losing out to either Pirelli problem or debris or bad circuit build (whatever caused the blow out) through no fault of his, it's quite good that they both got no points.

Delighted for Perez, Vettel and Gasly - love seeing different names on the podium too.

Those crashes were terrifying and could have been much worse - 220 mph and total loss of control. Could so easily have hit pit lane entry or other obstacle across the direction of travel rather than an adjacent barrier, which would have been horrendous. Or another car if side by side or immediately behind each other.

If it turns out to be Pirelli problem, they need to be sanctioned for that - lose sponsorship or payment, and threatened with changing tyre manufacturer. Surely?

Fun to watch though, with no one hurt. I got a spoiler when I turned TV on and it was on BBC News, sound off, but with rolling ticker tape on bottom saying "Perez wins Azerbaijan F1..." or something. I just caught it as I furiously tried to change channel. So I was constantly waiting for something to happen, and couldn't see what it would be! Quite fun actually! :-) G

Got something to say?

To contribute to the discussion, you need to either sign in or register as a user.

About This Thread

Maintained by larkim
Thread for those who like their racing long, predictable but strangely addictive. And generally fossil fuelled.

Spoiler rules (polite pretty please!!)
No quali spoilers until after (or during?) the Ch4 highlights show
No race spoilers until after (or during?) the Ch4 highlights show