1 watcher
May 2016
9:49am, 10 May 2016
17,211 posts
  •  
fetcheveryone
Here it is:

http://www.fetcheveryone.com/club-charter.php

There have been some interesting comments on my blog, so I thought it might be good to start a thread. How do things work out at your local clubs?
May 2016
10:51am, 10 May 2016
17,212 posts
  •  
fetcheveryone
Hello? :-)
May 2016
11:10am, 10 May 2016
8,835 posts
  •  
Chrisull
With guns, arrows, slings and tribal warfare...

Well to be honest leaders and coaches are in short supply, so it becomes a case of having ideals/aspirations, and then trying to satisfy them with limited coach/leader availability.
May 2016
11:11am, 10 May 2016
17,213 posts
  •  
fetcheveryone
Do you have any spare club fees to help people get coaching qualifications? Might encourage a few more to come forward?
May 2016
11:22am, 10 May 2016
25,642 posts
  •  
HappyG(rrr)
Sorry, only posted this on your blog, thought I'd add here...

Fetch, I saw your charter, and couple bits feedback (if I read it and understood correctly) : As an affiliated AC, I don't think we'd put up any charter or code other than our national body (Scottish Athletics) and our own individual club plans and rules. I don't think we'd recognise any other as having jurisdiction? If you're asking do we support the principles that you stated, then wholeheartedly "Yes" and try to implement them to best of our ability. But not sure we'd use a Fetch badge to attest to it? Just FYI. :-) G
May 2016
4:30pm, 10 May 2016
17,216 posts
  •  
fetcheveryone
Oh go on ;-)
May 2016
5:02pm, 10 May 2016
8,841 posts
  •  
Chrisull
We have plenty of fees to encourage people to come forward... I've just got my coaches license as a result, but not that many people stepping forwards.
May 2016
5:17pm, 10 May 2016
17,217 posts
  •  
fetcheveryone
Any thoughts on why they don't?
May 2016
5:46pm, 10 May 2016
8,842 posts
  •  
Chrisull
Some don't want the responsibility, some aren't there regularly enough, some are too busy with jobs/family life, some are students whose university/college courses take them away from home. Some get injured/bored or fall out with other members. It's a mixture!
May 2016
10:04am, 26 May 2016
25,672 posts
  •  
HappyG(rrr)
We have trained quite a few coaches, but I don't see them leading/organising coaching sessions. We do have one, formal coached session per week (I'm talking about adults here - juniors are a completely different scenario, because of safety of kids, background checks/disclosure etc. on top).

You've prompted me to question our club as to what all these trained coaches are doing for the club? :-) G

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by fetcheveryone
Here it is:

http://www.fetcheveryone.com/club-charter.php

There have been some interesting com...