Fetch Declutterers

1 lurker | 85 watchers
Aug 2020
8:08am, 4 Aug 2020
38,172 posts
  •  
Purps
Columba, if you don't mind taking a photo of them can I have a look and if any are suitable for my children I'd pay postage?
Aug 2020
8:10am, 4 Aug 2020
38,173 posts
  •  
Purps
I decluttered all of the not touched school work from our lockdown learning, there was more paper than I care to admit to.
Aug 2020
8:48am, 4 Aug 2020
21,154 posts
  •  
Meglet
The office is finally tidy and there are a couple of empty shelves. Space for daughter to work from home with her new job.

With her help we put a few things in the loft, three out a fair bit, filed all the paperwork and left a couple of bags out for charity.

She’s also been really helpful in the garden, her next mission is to paint the fence.
Aug 2020
9:36pm, 4 Aug 2020
20,100 posts
  •  
Columba
Purps - I've sent you an F-mail.
Aug 2020
10:06pm, 4 Aug 2020
38,174 posts
  •  
Purps
:)
Dec 2020
1:10pm, 18 Dec 2020
12,735 posts
  •  
geordie claus
Hi gang long time since I hung out here been too busy burying my head against the clutter that I’m sure is multiplying!

Anyway I discovered on Wednesday I had a day and a half’s extra leave to take so I have made a start. My plan is to move all the stuff that needs working through to the spare bedroom thereby clearing the rest of the house. Not the best plan but a plan and clutter will be contained that has to be a help.

Started some Facebook marketplace sales too! Whoop.
Dec 2020
2:02pm, 18 Dec 2020
50,486 posts
  •  
Velocirappingpaper
Nice planning, gg :)

My decluttering from earlier in the year was all undone when Tink and her belongings came back from university. Tink has moved out, but her belongings are still in the conservatory and she's locked her bedroom and taken the key away with her. I hope she hasn't left any dirty dishes or pet hamsters in there :-O
Dec 2020
4:25pm, 18 Dec 2020
4,696 posts
  •  
quimby
I did manage to tidy my home office ("the library") a few weeks back. I have remained fastidious about keeping it tidy. Have I mentioned before my technique for knowing where I've put things? Basically, I email myself, the email title is the name of the thing - often with extra keywords if I think that will help - then the body of the email is the location. I then categorise it in Gmail with a "WhereStuffIs" tag. So I can then do a search like:

label:WhereStuffIs hand wash

and that tells me it's in the drawer at the bottom of the bed. You have to remember to send another email when you use something that won't instantly be replaced.

I'm also on a declutter spree on my phone - trying to delete at least 1 app a week.
Dec 2020
5:25pm, 18 Dec 2020
24,298 posts
  •  
Lizzie Whizzmas
Impressive, Quimbers!
Dec 2020
9:19pm, 18 Dec 2020
20,653 posts
  •  
Columba
Earlier today I was thinking of this thread and wondering if it was still live. And behold, it is.

About This Thread

Maintained by Night-owl
Help advice and support for declutterers

Special May Challenge

theminimalists.com

".... This month, each of you must get rid of one thing on the first day. On the second, two things. Three items on the third. So forth, and so on. Anything can go! Clothes, furniture, electronics, tools, decorations, etc. Donate, sell, or trash. Whatever you do, each material possession must be out of your house—and out of your life—by midnight each day."

Spreadsheet (thank you mad4purple)
docs.google.com
Some helpful links
unfuckyourhabitat.com