Fetch Chess Ladder

29 watchers
rhb
Nov 2021
12:01pm, 28 Nov 2021
1,847 posts
  •  
rhb
Wingy I hadn't heard back from you and no game in progress so thought it'd be ok to accept the FlyingScotsman challenge.

I'll go with whichever though, ta.
SPR
Nov 2021
12:08pm, 28 Nov 2021
35,813 posts
  •  
SPR
Top definitely shouldn't be demoted as per what Wingy said, their inactivity would be down to other players given they have no one to challenge.

In theory the inactivity rule should rarely come into things given you can't refuse a correct challenged (so one where a person three spots or fewer below you challenges you, and only you, while you're not involved in a challenge game).
SPR
Nov 2021
12:15pm, 28 Nov 2021
35,814 posts
  •  
SPR
Wingy might be worth sticking the ladder rules in about this thread.
Nov 2021
3:14pm, 28 Nov 2021
75,220 posts
  •  
Gobi
I'm free
Nov 2021
6:32pm, 28 Nov 2021
1,827 posts
  •  
Wingy
The rules are in the google sheet
SPR
Nov 2021
6:40pm, 28 Nov 2021
35,820 posts
  •  
SPR
I know they're in the spreadsheet, they'd just be more visible if they were in About this thread for those that forget or anyone thinking of joining.

As they're unlikely to change frequently, was thinking it wouldn't be too onerous.
Nov 2021
9:40pm, 28 Nov 2021
51 posts
  •  
Boffin
Wingy / SPR as someone who has recently joined your thread, club and ladder I van see merit in both your views.
It took me some time to blunder around trying to figure it out (not entirely sure I have it sorted yet?) However, I needed to see the google sheet (even had to download the app) to see the ladder and the rules are there were they are needed for all to study - all should also remember that is where the rules are.
Having said that, putting a copy in the 'about' part of this thread does make sense as this is what this thread is about?
I would have found that first, although I would still have needed to find the sheet???
Lot of useless waffle just to sit on the fence πŸ™„
Nov 2021
9:50pm, 28 Nov 2021
52 posts
  •  
Boffin
Thanks for the game Cheg, very difficult getting through your defences πŸ‘
Nov 2021
10:00pm, 28 Nov 2021
53 posts
  •  
Boffin
The ladder is looking nice and healthy with lots of take up πŸ‘

Could I challenge you to a mach Snail πŸ™‚
Nov 2021
6:36am, 29 Nov 2021
75,222 posts
  •  
Gobi
rhb FlyingScotsman are you 2 now playing ?

If not I challenge FlyingScotsman

About This Thread

Maintained by Wingy
RULES

What is a chess ladder?

It’s simply a never ending competition between Fetch Everyone group members. Players can join at any time. Players can challenge other players up to three positions higher than their current ranking.

If the lower player wins, then the two players swap ladder positions.

The purpose of this ladder is for group members to get to know other members and to have some fun playing chess.

How do I join?

Simply post your interest on this topic: -
and you will be notified when you have been added to the table. New players are placed on the existing ladder at the bottom and have to work their way up. To play a challenge game just follow the procedure outlined in the rules posted below.

Ladder Rules

Fetch Everyone group members only can participate.

To enter players must post a message on the above forum post

Challenges can only be made to players ranked a maximum of Three places above your current ladder position. For example the highest a person ranked 15th can challenge is 12th.To make a challenge a player must:

Post the challenge on the forum
Need to make sure that they do not have a ladder match already underway, check the google sheet (not updated automatically), check forum for previous challenges
In the event of duplicate challenges, the first post on the forum shall take priority
Send challenge game on chess.com
When sending the challenge game, play as a random colour, and have a time control of one day unless players agree other wise. Games are to be rated unless players agree other wise.

The normal chess.com game rules apply. Vacation time is allowed.

All correctly made challenges must be accepted if not the other player will move to your position. If you do not reply or are not online for more than 7 days you will lose your place to keep the ladder moving.

A player can only participate in one challenge game at a time.

If the lower ranked player wins then the players exchange places. If the higher placed player wins or the game is drawn, then players remain in the same position on the ladder.

Winning players must post in this forum so an admin can update the ladder of the result.

You can only play 2 games against the same person in a row to avoid you constantly playing this person for position. Once you play 2 games you must challenge some one else or the other player challenge someone else then you may play again.

Inactivity
Anyone who is inactive for a month, will be moved down one place in the ladder.
They will continue to fall one place for each subsequent week of in activity.
Inactivity is defined as not starting or completing a game.

Useful Links

FE accepts no responsibility for external links. Or anything, really.