Well done :-)
11 Jan
10:49am, 11 Jan 2024
30,051 posts
  •  
fetcheveryone
I'm in another tournament - and just pulled a win out of almost nowhere:

chess.com

Cocked up and lost a bishop in move 21, and thought I was in the mud - but my queen and white bishop paired up to put the pressure on, and then I managed to open up the attacking line for my rook, and it was game over :-) Top three in the group go through, and I've got another couple of games against one player where I'm on top - so it's looking possible.

chess.com
11 Jan
5:45pm, 11 Jan 2024
31,614 posts
  •  
JulesR
That pawn capture by white very near the end of he 1st link made my evaluation bar swing very fast!
JCB
11 Jan
5:50pm, 11 Jan 2024
5,419 posts
  •  
JCB
The good old blunder mate in 1 trick!
11 Jan
6:08pm, 11 Jan 2024
30,052 posts
  •  
fetcheveryone
That pawn capture by white very near the end of he 1st link made my evaluation bar swing very fast!

Yes, mine too. I had hoped to clear a path eventually for the rook, but it was gifted to me. Maybe Rf3 would have been a better alternative for my opponent.

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by Goofee
How To Join In
We play on Chess.com.

See 'Useful Links' below to access our group, current challenges, tournaments and useful resources.

Useful Links

FE accepts no responsibility for external links. Or anything, really.