Fetch can

21 watchers
Aug 2020
4:45am, 21 Aug 2020
12,689 posts
  •  
FRU (KeepTheFaith)
Insomnia for me!!

Had a rubbish week... after a great holiday week with loads of swimming and start back to running it was a crash and burn literally with a really weird and very high temperature for a couple of days. I think I had like a ,summer cold/tummy bug type thing but with the flushes in full flow this year it is hard to tell

In more positive news I have joined three outdoor swimming groups, one at Felixstowe. One locally at Dedham and one that I will
Build myself via Facebook so all new and exciting territory

My body still refuses to run, it just does not like it. I am mentally moving to an “ok, I give you your rest” place rather than tormenting myself about ability

Swimming is going to be positive and open up some social plus it means I have a reason not to drink so much as both groups meet early morning, one on saturdays and the other on sundays

I joined the online app for weight watchers and from Monday the aim is to start over

We can always start over

Nice running Treacle, good for you getting out there!

One step at a time 💪
Aug 2020
9:21am, 21 Aug 2020
12,047 posts
  •  
SarahWoo
Hello people.
Going home today from our holiday in Brecon. Weather has been a bit rubbish but we’ve had a good break and I’ve managed to walk, run or cycle every day.
Will have a few pounds to lose when I get back, I expect but shouldn’t take long 🤞

Hope the swimming goes well, FRU x
Sep 2020
9:29am, 4 Sep 2020
3,891 posts
  •  
Treacle
Morning all! The outdoor swimming option sounds great FRU - always nice to be able to do something with other people!

Know what you mean about the body refusing to run - I'm definitely finding the running sessions hard at the moment, but am persevering, hoping at some point my legs and lungs will remember what they are supposed to be doing!

I'm in the 2nd week of my new job - has been a bit odd joining remotely, and I seem to have spent most of my day in Zoom calls, but its all good so far. Definitely better than the old one!

Hope everyone else is OK?
Oct 2020
9:21am, 9 Oct 2020
3,892 posts
  •  
Treacle
Hi everyone!
Oct 2020
9:23am, 9 Oct 2020
46,975 posts
  •  
Derby Tup
Hi Treacle. How are you doing?
Oct 2020
11:32am, 9 Oct 2020
23,897 posts
  •  
Lizzie W
Hi Treacs!
Oct 2020
5:28pm, 12 Oct 2020
3,893 posts
  •  
Treacle
Hi lovely people! Is everyone OK - quiet in here at the moment. I seem to be in the process of losing the plot (in a good way!) and checking out all sorts of ridiculous racing options for next year...

Any good ideas that don't involve running 100k?!! Other than the Yorkshireman - which I really, really want to do, but suspect it will clash with her ladyship's 11th birthday....

Off out for a joglet now before the rain starts again. hugs to all xx
Oct 2020
2:10pm, 28 Oct 2020
141 posts
  •  
MadWelshWoman
Hello lovely CAN cans! I have not been in here for a while, just general life and work getting very busy! I had another fall whilst out walking a couple of months ago and damaged my shoulder (to add to the injury list)! I have continued to walk though and walked the virtual Snowdonia Marathon (well, actually, 2 half marathons over 2 days) last weekend and hope to start a bit of walk/running soon. Shoulder won't let me swim, even if the pools were open (Live in Wales) but have done a few sea dips recently to bob about and "enjoy" the cold water! Lovely to catch up and see what you have all been up to!
Nov 2020
11:06am, 17 Nov 2020
3,894 posts
  •  
Treacle
Morning all! How is everyone doing?

You have been in the wars MWW! - sea dipping sounds great, if a little chilly!

I'm doing OK - work is busy as always, but I'm making time to get out there and run, and its starting to feel a bit easier, although I am still the slowest of the slow!!!
I've signed up to a year long virtual LEJOG - 875 miles from 26th Oct this year to 26th Oct next, either walking or running or both, so thats making me get out there a bit more. Would be a huge amount more running than I've done for years - think my recent max annual mileage for the last 10 years is about 300 miles...

60 miles done so far....

Hope everyone is doing ok ish and coping with November weather and lack of general fun...
Nov 2020
11:12am, 17 Nov 2020
12,665 posts
  •  
SarahWoo
Hello Treacle. Good mileage!

I'm doing a LEJOG challenge too but I'm supposed to finish mine by end of March and I'm way behind :(
All OK here otherwise. The ankle I twisted at the beginning of October is recovering and I'm running 5K three times a week on 1.5 mins run/1 walk. Also walking 5K every day that I don't run for a '5K every day in November' challenge.
Weight is coming back down to where I want it after a bit of a blip and I'm just about managing to keep on an even keel mentally too :)

About This Thread

Maintained by FRU (KeepTheFaith)
Watching and then reading up on the Newcastle Can movement really struck a chord with me

I'v...