Northern Exile
Nice van, love the colour! :-)
Jan 2021
11:59am, 18 Jan 2021
277 posts
  •  
The Belly Is Gaun Tae Get Ye
Nice colourway Reiver.

Has anyone with a T6 changed the headlights to LED from the standard candles as fitted by VW?

Other half is under the impression that it is a relatively simple job however her definition of simple and mine are somewhat different.
Jan 2021
12:18pm, 18 Jan 2021
38,610 posts
  •  
♪♫ Synge ♪♫
I haven't, but many people on the Camper King FB group (private) seem have done so.

There seem to be some who have changed the whole thing and some just the bulbs. As far as I can see, the majority change bulbs themselves but get a garage (or their supplier) to do it if it's changing the whole headlight.

Transporter HQ V3s seem to get lots of mentions.

There was one comment that changing the bulbs alone makes them brighter but doesn't improve the coverage/angles etc.

I am definitely not mechanically minded but hopefully that makes some sense?
Jan 2021
12:26pm, 18 Jan 2021
19,508 posts
  •  
GimmeMedals
Very nice Reiver.
Our motorhome hasn't been any further than to the end of our drive to be turned round, since September. We had it booked in for some minor repairs (under warranty) for this week, but that means driving to Lincoln (they were Tier 4 before lockdown and we were in Tier 3 then). We've considered it and pondered it and have decided that the repairs aren't essential so the journey isn't essential and have postponed the appointment until the end of February.
Jan 2021
12:29pm, 18 Jan 2021
21,700 posts
  •  
Angus Clydesdale
You need to be careful changing bulbs. There’s a new requirement in the MoT Test that is very strict on LEDs and HIDs. The basic is that they need to have the correct reflectors etc so you can’t just change the bulbs. Recommend you look it up.

Caveat - I’m not currently qualified as a MoT tester, I’m just some bloke on the internet! ;)
Jan 2021
12:57pm, 18 Jan 2021
10,945 posts
  •  
Mandymoo
We had ours changed to Transporter HQ ones, they are so much better. They were fitted very quickly (by Transporter HQ as we planned when we were passing them on our way to the Lake District). Highly recommend the company such good customer service.
Jan 2021
1:04pm, 18 Jan 2021
72,879 posts
  •  
Gobi
Lol try owning a T4 if you want candle lights :-)
Jan 2021
2:35pm, 18 Jan 2021
278 posts
  •  
The Belly Is Gaun Tae Get Ye
Thank you, the intention is to replace the whole unit. The first choice was to stop off on a road trip and get the supplier to fit them but that can't happen due to lockdown hence thinking about self fitting.
Jan 2021
3:34pm, 18 Jan 2021
10,947 posts
  •  
Mandymoo
OH would have happily done them but as I said we worked out we were going past/close to them, so had a stop over near by, met up with Sarahwoo for the night, and then traveled on the next day.

Give them a call - they are so friendly and helpful :-)
Jan 2021
6:20pm, 18 Jan 2021
853 posts
  •  
FunkyPOM
Very nice van reiver and would agree that your timing was perfect

About This Thread

Maintained by AntClark
Share the VW (or other) Camper Van love, which Fetchies have Campers? Can't beat a Camper for Race ...