Fetch Camper Vans

89 watchers
Jul 2021
11:44am, 5 Jul 2021
12,122 posts
  •  
Mandymoo
We are off to South Devon next week for 10 days then the New Forest for 3 nights on the way back
Jul 2021
12:21pm, 5 Jul 2021
14,653 posts
  •  
SarahWoo
Fab :) Jealous!
Jul 2021
12:44pm, 5 Jul 2021
988 posts
  •  
Big_G
Are there any recommendations for removable seat covers? I’m thinking for after a race or a walk when muddy/wet to quickly put on the front seats to protect them a bit. I’ve seen some on Amazon but wondering if anyone else uses them?
Jul 2021
10:38am, 8 Jul 2021
74,410 posts
  •  
Gobi
I have some in the new van that are rather industrial
Jul 2021
8:58pm, 8 Jul 2021
22,870 posts
  •  
Angus Clydesdale
I used to use them in the Landrover during the shooting season. Can’t remember the make. Very useful if you know you’re going to be covered in crap when you get in.
Jul 2021
8:01pm, 15 Jul 2021
12,174 posts
  •  
Mandymoo
We are currently away in South Devon and have been so lucky with the weather. It is such a beautiful area
Jul 2021
10:11am, 18 Jul 2021
15 posts
  •  
Boffin
Seat covers... As Gobi and Angus have said, durable protective seat covers - practical, functional and not stylish or upholstered... I tend to get mine from Gwaza - www.gwaza.co.uk, can't remember the cost off the top of my head... will try and remember on Monday 🙄🙂
Should be in stock with me, but widely available at pretty much any Agricultural dealers, building merchants, country stores - probably even Amazon! 🤔🤣👍
Aug 2021
8:50am, 4 Aug 2021
1,013 posts
  •  
Big_G
Picked the van up a couple of weeks ago, and been out in out for 1x2-night, 1x1-night (before a marathon) and tonight we're staying over somewhere, and we've been out for 3 or 4 day trips in it, mainly on Dartmoor for walks or runs. Really pleased with it, and looking going forward to going further afield. Hoping to get up to Scotland early September; I expect it is fairly touristy(?), but we're looking at the North Coast 500; any thoughts or recommendations on that?

Here are a couple of pics. Tigg the dog loves it too :)

Aug 2021
9:16am, 4 Aug 2021
41,858 posts
  •  
♪♫ Synge ♪♫
Looks great and it sounds as if you're making good use of it already.

I followed an FB group on the NC500 for a few weeks. It told me a lot about the route. On the plus side, it takes in fantastic scenery, there are some superb driving routes and there are great campsites. (It does what it was designed to do.) On the minus side, it sounds as if it will be absolutely packed, there is lots of advice to devise an itinerary and book all the pitches ahead of getting there and there are a lot of drivers who don't feel confident reversing when they meet two motorhomes coming the other way on a single-track road. (There, I've saved you a big research task there!)

I'm really looking forward to getting to Scotland, but I do not intend to go near the NC500, other than occasionally or tangentially, and I'm going to be exploring the roads less trodden.

But it is a popular route and with good reason ...
Aug 2021
9:31am, 4 Aug 2021
1,101 posts
  •  
lady alton
lovely looking dog Big_G lurcher? we have an alscian greyhound cross that takes up most of the floor space of our VW van. We are off to Bristol to stay next to the floating harbour for one night (site shuts at the end of September) then down to Devon for a week.

About This Thread

Maintained by AntClark
Share the VW (or other) Camper Van love, which Fetchies have Campers? Can't beat a Camper for Race ...